• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NC, my husband has a court agreement for visitation for his daughter that stipulates that he is to arrange and pay for flights for his daughter when she comes to visit in February. His daughter is in MA and we live in NC, February in MA is vacation and a lot of people take vacations, it is almost impossible to get a flight so we were lucky to obtain the flights we did.

We have sent the flight information to the grandmother (whom the child is residing with) and the mother (lives in florida) stating that the 16 year old child was unhappy with the flight back and that the grandmother was not happy with the flight to NC because it was too early. The mother wants the flight back to MA to be at 6:40 in the morning (it's not too early for us but 8:00 is too early for the grandmother).

Does anyone have any advice on what we can do to stop these emails that we are getting? What happens if the daughter doesn't get on the plane, is that a violation of the agreement? It does state in the agreement that she will come out to visit in February of 2006.

Please help.

Zephyr

does the court order state that everyone one else involved needs to approve the times of the flights?

bononos

Can'tSeemToWin said:
What is the name of your state? NC, my husband has a court agreement for visitation for his daughter that stipulates that he is to arrange and pay for flights for his daughter when she comes to visit in February. His daughter is in MA and we live in NC, February in MA is vacation and a lot of people take vacations, it is almost impossible to get a flight so we were lucky to obtain the flights we did.

We have sent the flight information to the grandmother (whom the child is residing with) and the mother (lives in florida) stating that the 16 year old child was unhappy with the flight back and that the grandmother was not happy with the flight to NC because it was too early. The mother wants the flight back to MA to be at 6:40 in the morning (it's not too early for us but 8:00 is too early for the grandmother).

Does anyone have any advice on what we can do to stop these emails that we are getting? What happens if the daughter doesn't get on the plane, is that a violation of the agreement? It does state in the agreement that she will come out to visit in February of 2006.

Please help.

Kindly state that you have followed the court order and arranged the flight as required.
Suggest that they be sure she is on the flight and should she not be, then you will be forced to file contempt charges.
Tell her to have a nice day and let your daughter know how much you are looking forward to seeing her.

No it does not, it just states that he will pay for and arrange the flights. They are upset because their is a layover and a change of planes. It is not something that we are doing intentionally because of course we would prefer for her to not have a layover or change planes but, flights are few and far between.

bononos said:
Kindly state that you have followed the court order and arranged the flight as required.
Suggest that they be sure she is on the flight and should she not be, then you will be forced to file contempt charges.
Tell her to have a nice day and let your daughter know how much you are looking forward to seeing her.
I agree with you on this, but the daughter will not talk to my husband. The mother was out of her life for so many years and now that she is back in her life my stepdaughter is angry because her mother is saying all of the things that happened are my husband's fault. This is a man that was a father at 16 and took care of his daughter from the time she was 4 until the age of 15. Now all of a sudden he's a jerk.

The mother and grandmother are stating that the daughter is unhappy about the flight back, but he doesn't know this for sure because the daughter doesn't talk to him.

bononos

Can'tSeemToWin said:
I agree with you on this, but the daughter will not talk to my husband. The mother was out of her life for so many years and now that she is back in her life my stepdaughter is angry because her mother is saying all of the things that happened are my husband's fault. This is a man that was a father at 16 and took care of his daughter from the time she was 4 until the age of 15. Now all of a sudden he's a jerk.

The mother and grandmother are stating that the daughter is unhappy about the flight back, but he doesn't know this for sure because the daughter doesn't talk to him.
Although this is all very aggravating, it doesn't matter.
Whomever has custody, mom or g-mom, is required by court order to send her, they are required by court order to FORCE her to go.
Or mom or g-mom is in contempt.
Harsh, but true.

Thank you very much for your help. Now will it void the entire agreement or will it just make them in contempt and my husband will still have to follow through with his items?

Zephyr

Can'tSeemToWin said:
Thank you very much for your help. Now will it void the entire agreement or will it just make them in contempt and my husband will still have to follow through with his items?
they would be in contempt, but dad must still follow the order

bononos

Can'tSeemToWin said:
They are not in contempt until she doesn't arrive on the plane for the visit, so you MUST follow through on your end then they are in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">