• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fedex retail agent false accused me, and called police to kick me out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imastertek

What is the name of your state?
CA

FedEx falsely accused me in threatening, and refusing to leave their retail ship center, and called sheriffs department on me.

I got an apple iPhone shipped to me by Apple as a replacement. I missed the package and received a door tag stating sign bellow, and it will be left in your desired property location, or come after 6PM and pickup at our local facility. So I went 15 miles to their ship center to pickup my package.

The delivery name on the package was under my wife, even though it was processed through my account. The retail agent asked for my id, and said I can’t give you the package since your name doesn’t match with the one on the package. I asked what can we do for me to pick it up? The agent said, if your wife can add you as a legal recipient of that address you can pick it up. Well, 2 min later I personally called FedEx customer service and by verifying my identity, they added me as a legal resident of that address, and the agent advised me that they can now release the package. The retail agent said no I can’t release the package, since there Is not enough proof, despite FedEx customer service over the speaker asked them to release the package. So i said ok, I will call apple and have them find a resolution. I came there at 7:30 and they were closing at 7:45. So I got on the phone with apple, and was transferred to their senior adviser. Which verified it was me they dealt the whole time, and also asked fedex to release the package. This time it was already manager whom I was talking, and he refused to listen to Apple, and said apple must know proper channels to call us and authorize you. So the senior advisor asked for the phone number to that ship center so he could call the manager I was talking to, and authorize it, in which manager refused and said that’s not how its done.

Now the interesting part begins, I have told the manager that my wife has a very difficult pregnancy in which she could randomly faint, like it happened with her previous pregnancy and my older daughter can always contact me in case something happens. So I really need to pick up this replacement phone since it is very important for me to be in contact with my wife, in which he ignore and didn’t seem to care.

As I was still talking with apple senior advisor on the phone to find a resolution to this problem. The retail agents randomly gives me the phone and says sheriff’s deputy wants to talk to you. And I said sure, and she begins with sir please come down and don’t threaten them, in which I said excuse me???? What??? Who said I was threatening who? and she said that the retail agent asked me to leave and I refused, and she proceeds, deputy is on the way and actually came already.

At that point it clicked my mind, that she called the sheriff’s department false accused me of threatening them, and asking me to leave, which I never heard them say. And she thought this would be the fastest way for her to go home.

As I was still on the phone with apple advisor trying to figure out a way to this situation, sheriff deputy came inside the store, and waited for me as I finished talking to apple in regards to resolution on this matter. Then he asked the manager what’s happening? The manager said, we cannot give him the package because he did not provide us with sufficient documents to release the package, and we asked him to leave and he refused. To which I said to deputy it’s the first time I hear this statement come out of managers mouth about them asking me to leave. So the deputy quickly took their side, and asked me to step outside which I did so and we proceeded talking. The moment I stepped outside, the retail agent closed the store, turned off the lights and left the facility. I asked deputy, can you please get their names, and file a report? To which he said we don’t file reports, but I can give you the incident number.

So I came home disappointed, took the door tag which FedEx left me and signed on the signature portion with my first and last name, and guess what? The next morning they took my signature and left the package by my door, despite the fact that fedex has “special agreement with apple in regards to security in delivering these packages” they didn’t care about my name being written on the signature, even though my wife’s name Is on the package, yet they delivered it, and I have a surveillance proof of them leaving the package.

So what this tells me, is that FedEx retail agent lied to me about special security measures despite apple advising them to release it, as well as FedEx customer service advised them, that it is now ok to release the package. They didn’t listen to any of them, and treated me with no respect.
On top of this, while I was with apple on the phone seeking resolution, the retail agent called sheriff’s department, false accused me of threatening and refusing to leave. Instead of helping me to come to resolution, or offer me to wait while my wife came, they decided to go another route.

I’ve got a hold of FedEx executive team which they are looking deeply into. I also called apple higher department team in resolution to this, in which they said I ve done everything properly and they should of release the package. Apple team said, they can’t believe they did that to me, and said that they called FedEx executive department about this situation, and they said they are carefully looking into this situation and will contact me directly.

My question is this. I want to file a lawsuit and I need someone to advise me, if this is even possible? since my situation is not the easiest.

Thanks in Advance.

imastertek

Well i was falsely accused that i was threatening them, and also that they've asked me to leave, which was not true. They have surveillance there and hopefully audio recording. This package was very urgent and important to me and my wife, as i mentioned before, and it did put my wife in dangerous situation. I am trying to study this further. Ive contact my injury attorney that i am very close with, and she advised me to wait and see what FedEx executives say, then consult with attorney that specializes in situations like that.

quincy

What is the name of your state?
CA

FedEx falsely accused me in threatening, and refusing to leave their retail ship center, and called sheriffs department on me.

I got an apple iPhone shipped to me by Apple as a replacement. I missed the package and received a door tag stating sign bellow, and it will be left in your desired property location, or come after 6PM and pickup at our local facility. So I went 15 miles to their ship center to pickup my package.

The delivery name on the package was under my wife, even though it was processed through my account. The retail agent asked for my id, and said I can’t give you the package since your name doesn’t match with the one on the package. I asked what can we do for me to pick it up? The agent said, if your wife can add you as a legal recipient of that address you can pick it up. Well, 2 min later I personally called FedEx customer service and by verifying my identity, they added me as a legal resident of that address, and the agent advised me that they can now release the package. The retail agent said no I can’t release the package, since there Is not enough proof, despite FedEx customer service over the speaker asked them to release the package. So i said ok, I will call apple and have them find a resolution. I came there at 7:30 and they were closing at 7:45. So I got on the phone with apple, and was transferred to their senior adviser. Which verified it was me they dealt the whole time, and also asked fedex to release the package. This time it was already manager whom I was talking, and he refused to listen to Apple, and said apple must know proper channels to call us and authorize you. So the senior advisor asked for the phone number to that ship center so he could call the manager I was talking to, and authorize it, in which manager refused and said that’s not how its done.

Now the interesting part begins, I have told the manager that my wife has a very difficult pregnancy in which she could randomly faint, like it happened with her previous pregnancy and my older daughter can always contact me in case something happens. So I really need to pick up this replacement phone since it is very important for me to be in contact with my wife, in which he ignore and didn’t seem to care.

As I was still talking with apple senior advisor on the phone to find a resolution to this problem. The retail agents randomly gives me the phone and says sheriff’s deputy wants to talk to you. And I said sure, and she begins with sir please come down and don’t threaten them, in which I said excuse me???? What??? Who said I was threatening who? and she said that the retail agent asked me to leave and I refused, and she proceeds, deputy is on the way and actually came already.

At that point it clicked my mind, that she called the sheriff’s department false accused me of threatening them, and asking me to leave, which I never heard them say. And she thought this would be the fastest way for her to go home.

As I was still on the phone with apple advisor trying to figure out a way to this situation, sheriff deputy came inside the store, and waited for me as I finished talking to apple in regards to resolution on this matter. Then he asked the manager what’s happening? The manager said, we cannot give him the package because he did not provide us with sufficient documents to release the package, and we asked him to leave and he refused. To which I said to deputy it’s the first time I hear this statement come out of managers mouth about them asking me to leave. So the deputy quickly took their side, and asked me to step outside which I did so and we proceeded talking. The moment I stepped outside, the retail agent closed the store, turned off the lights and left the facility. I asked deputy, can you please get their names, and file a report? To which he said we don’t file reports, but I can give you the incident number.

So I came home disappointed, took the door tag which FedEx left me and signed on the signature portion with my first and last name, and guess what? The next morning they took my signature and left the package by my door, despite the fact that fedex has “special agreement with apple in regards to security in delivering these packages” they didn’t care about my name being written on the signature, even though my wife’s name Is on the package, yet they delivered it, and I have a surveillance proof of them leaving the package.

So what this tells me, is that FedEx retail agent lied to me about special security measures despite apple advising them to release it, as well as FedEx customer service advised them, that it is now ok to release the package. They didn’t listen to any of them, and treated me with no respect.
On top of this, while I was with apple on the phone seeking resolution, the retail agent called sheriff’s department, false accused me of threatening and refusing to leave. Instead of helping me to come to resolution, or offer me to wait while my wife came, they decided to go another route.

I’ve got a hold of FedEx executive team which they are looking deeply into. I also called apple higher department team in resolution to this, in which they said I ve done everything properly and they should of release the package. Apple team said, they can’t believe they did that to me, and said that they called FedEx executive department about this situation, and they said they are carefully looking into this situation and will contact me directly.

My question is this. I want to file a lawsuit and I need someone to advise me, if this is even possible? since my situation is not the easiest.

Thanks in Advance.
You took the proper action by contacting FedEx's executive team and complaining about the poor customer service.

Reports to the police are covered by a qualified privilege which protects the reporters from civil actions if what is reported is reported in good faith and without malice, even if what is reported turns out to be false. Although you might view the call to the sheriff as malicious, it is possible that the FedEx employee felt threatened by your behavior.

There does not appear to be any further action to take.

I am happy to hear you now have your phone. I hope your wife is able to take it easy while she awaits the birth of your next child.

xylene

You know, people are taking getting into it with the police a lot more seriously than you are.

You could have gotten arrested, tased, hurt. A lot of bad things.

You can go to Walmart, or 7/11 or any number of places if you driving 15 miles and get a TracPhon or any one of your very cheap prepaid (burner) phones for 19.99 to 29.99 with plenty of minutes and data.

You were going to roll the dice with getting popped in jail over the cost of a burner when you spend more than that on the delivery?

Seriously, don't be the PostalCrusader

You won't win and you don't look like a hero even in the super favorable way you try to tell this story.

imastertek

You took the proper action by contacting FedEx's executive team and complaining about the poor customer service.

Reports to the police are covered by a qualified privilege which protects the reporters from civil actions if what is reported is reported in good faith and without malice, even if what is reported turns out to be false. Although you might view the call to the sheriff as malicious, it is possible that the FedEx employee felt threatened by your behavior.

There does not appear to be any further action to take.

I am happy to hear you now have your phone. I hope your wife is able to take it easy while she awaits the birth of your next child.
Thanks for your input on this matter. The department advised me that they do have recordings of the emploee, and also they have cameras at the store. Also i was on the phone with fedex and the apple, and had no time to threat anyone. I was calm, just a bit frustrated, but didnt scream or went out of control.

imastertek

You know, people are taking getting into it with the police a lot more seriously than you are.

You could have gotten arrested, tased, hurt. A lot of bad things.

You can go to Walmart, or 7/11 or any number of places if you driving 15 miles and get a TracPhon or any one of your very cheap prepaid (burner) phones for 19.99 to 29.99 with plenty of minutes and data.

You were going to roll the dice with getting popped in jail over the cost of a burner when you spend more than that on the delivery?

Seriously, don't be the PostalCrusader

You won't win and you don't look like a hero even in the super favorable way you try to tell this story.
Sorry, but you respnonse didnt make any sense. I was on survailance the whole time, and was a regular customer, trying to resolve an issue and pick up my phone, but they instead of helping to resolve this issue, called police so they could go home faster.

quincy

Thanks for your input on this matter. The department advised me that they do have recordings of the emploee, and also they have cameras at the store. Also i was on the phone with fedex and the apple, and had no time to threat anyone. I was calm, just a bit frustrated, but didnt scream or went out of control.
There are some people with poor customer service skills. You apparently ran into one of those people.

I can understand the reluctance of the FedEx employee to release the package to you (at first, at least) if the package was addressed to your wife. You would have been equally upset, no doubt, if your phone was turned over to the wrong person.

I still do not see that there is a legal action worth your time considering. It appears to me that you have far more important things in your life to concentrate on.

Good luck.

Last edited:

xylene

Sorry, but you respnonse didnt make any sense. I was on survailance the whole time, and was a regular customer, trying to resolve an issue and pick up my phone, but they instead of helping to resolve this issue, called police so they could go home faster.
Do you think surveillance cameras stopped any number of arrests or police incidents? You keep hanging your hat on that you had not threatened anyone and had not refused to leave. I'm telling you if you did not feel the danger, well, that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You could file the lawsuit, but given what you described you would not win anything as you suffered no legally recognized damages (financial loss, physical injury, etc). You don't win money for frustration and anger suffered as a result of a badly handled customer service event. Moreover, there was no violation of the law nor any breach of a legal duty owed to you by the FedEx clerk. What you experienced was poor customer service and a call to the police to ask you leave. Neither of those things are a basis for a lawsuit. What you experienced was maddening, yes, but not something to go to court over.

quincy

Do you think surveillance cameras stopped any number of arrests or police incidents? You keep hanging your hat on that you had not threatened anyone and had not refused to leave. I'm telling you if you did not feel the danger, well, that doesn't mean it wasn't there.
I agree. A flashback to Philadelphia's recent Starbucks incident shows that, even when you are doing everything right, you can be arrested on someone's tale that you were doing something wrong.

It can be best in today's climate to avoid personal confrontation whenever you can and wait for heads to cool to address what needs addressing.

FlyingRon

And if someone else mentioned it, I'm sorry, but there's an important point here.

They don't need an excuse (threat or whatever) to ask you to leave (or have the police ask you to leave). Unless you can show they excluded you because of a protected class (race, religion, etc..), you have no claim.

As for release of your phone, that's an issue between FEDEX and APPLE. You don't have much rights there.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm on the FedEx employee's side on this one. Not ONCE did the OP involve the actual recipient of the phone in this matter. The FedEx employee has no way of knowing the situation. Maybe the OP is in the middle of a nasty divorce and just wants to steal the phone...
Depending on how the signature was scrawled on the tag, the FedEx driver may not even have known the difference when he dropped off the phone.

quincy

I'm on the FedEx employee's side on this one. Not ONCE did the OP involve the actual recipient of the phone in this matter. The FedEx employee has no way of knowing the situation. Maybe the OP is in the middle of a nasty divorce and just wants to steal the phone...
Depending on how the signature was scrawled on the tag, the FedEx driver may not even have known the difference when he dropped off the phone.
I know that, when picking up an ordered toy at Walmart, my wife (who placed the order) had to include me as an alternate pickup person or Walmart would not release the order to me.

This is a pretty standard operating policy. It protects both the business and the consumer.

Home deliveries are different. The consumer can choose to have the package left at the door or the consumer can choose to have a sign-on-delivery.

FlyingRon

Last time I had the FEDEX of an iPhone, it was shipped requiring the signature of the actual recipient. Again, these are terms between FEDEX and the SHIPPER. You can rant all you want at FEDEX, but it's Apple who has to make the call if someone else is allowed to retrieve it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">