• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felon living in the home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CLC365

What is the name of your state? FL

My daughters stepdad is a convicted felon (Has several felonies in SC) he now lives here in Florida and was arrested last week for another felony (grand theft). If her mom wants to keep that company that’s her but I don’t want my daughter there. What can I do, if anything at all to express my concern? Do I even need to address her mom or can I take legal action?

quincy

What is the name of your state? FL

My daughters stepdad is a convicted felon (Has several felonies in SC) he now lives here in Florida and was arrested last week for another felony (grand theft). If her mom wants to keep that company that’s her but I don’t want my daughter there. What can I do, if anything at all to express my concern? Do I even need to address her mom or can I take legal action?
You posted this in the Domestic Violence and Abuse section of the forum.

Does the stepdad's criminal history include any domestic violence or abuse charges or convictions? To your knowledge has the stepdad ever been violent or abusive to your daughter or your daughter's mom?

quincy

No, I will repost in a different topic thanks.
This section is okay if you want to leave your thread in place. Others can find you here.

If the stepdad is a felon with no domestic violence or abuse issues, it can make a difference in what you can and can't expect a court to do, however, which is why I asked the question I did.

CLC365

OH! I see, the most recent felony was grand theft the previous (in SC) were drug related and burglary

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">