• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony DUI charges from 4 years ago, got arrested for new DUI in different state yesterday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
That was the first time either of us had had a drink in weeks, actually. We don’t make it a daily routine or habit. We were drinking the night before his accident, not right before. I appreciate your opinion on my lifestyle, because you must know everyone you’ve never met so well. My boyfriend has been very strict about his drinking and only allows himself to drink occasionally. When I say occasionally, I mean maybe once or twice a month. So thanks, again, for calling us both drunks, but that isn’t the case. He shouldn’t have been driving, I don’t deny that, especially without his interlock device, but unfortunately he did and he got into an Accident. I can’t justify why he drove, other than our daughter needed some children’s ibuprofen due to a fairly high fever. Again, I’m sorry you feel the need to judge so harshly, people can change and he has. He made a significant mistake and will most likely have to pay big for it, I’m just trying to figure out what we’re facing, so I can 1: prepare my daughter for the fact that her dad won’t be coming home soon, and 2: prepare myself for the financial burden it’s going to put on my shoulders to care for our home and family on a single income. Thanks for making me feel like a horrible person, when I’m just trying to prepare my family for what is coming.
Some people can't drink at all. Perhaps your boyfriend is one of them. As he was still supposed to have an interlock on his car, that indicates that it is expected that he be extra careful about not drinking.

Anyone who could get drunk on fireball should be arrested - that stuff is disgusting. I don't drink often, but when I do, a good scotch would be far preferable to that syrupy stuff.

Just Blue

Some people can't drink at all. Perhaps your boyfriend is one of them. As he was still supposed to have an interlock on his car, that indicates that it is expected that he be extra careful about not drinking.

Anyone who could get drunk on fireball should be arrested - that stuff is disgusting. I don't drink often, but when I do, a good scotch would be far preferable to that syrupy stuff.
What is "fireball"? I never heard of it...

Mass_Shyster

Nothing good comes in those little bottles by the cash register. But yes, they are cheap.

Well, actually, if you do the math, they aren't cheap by volume, only by unit.
Massachusetts has an open bottle law - it's a $500 fine if you are caught with an open (unsealed) container of alcohol. If you buy a half dozen nips, they are only "open containers" for a short period of time, where if you buy a pint, you've got to walk/drive around with an open container until it's finished.

And the politicians wonder why there are so many empty nip bottles littering the streets.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Fireball is a cinnamon-spiced whiskey. It's actually not that bad. We mix it with hot apple cider in the winter.
Hot cinnamon schnapps. ICK. Never mix Fire(ball) and Ice (Peppermint schnapps) with doritos … I kept up with the boys in college... drank them under the table.. then ate doritos… Ended up puking off the porch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">