• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing for my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? tx
i filed for adjustment of staus 5yrs ago and just recieved my green card. my children were included in the application without my realising to file for them separately. should i file for them now or wait till i become a citizen? they came on b2 visa 4yrs ago and have since been here. i am currently separated from my husband who filed for me and i need to file for my children who are from my previous marriage. My main concern now is that my eldest is about to enter college and does not have any papers to qualify him for scholarships etc. should he apply to schools as a foreign student or what are my options now. please i need help urgently.



We are in a similar situation. I had my step-daughter listed in my wife's application for adjustment of status, which was filed about a year ago, but we just found out recently that we need to file her separately. On advice from BCIS, and our attorney, we submitted the application a few weeks ago.
Be sure to include a letter explaining the situation (that they were in the original application, but that you did not know they needed to be filed independently) and be sure attach a copy of your original receipt. I believe the two forms you need are the I-130 and the I-485.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential