• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finally a court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hearts41

What is the name of your state? FL

I finally got a court date for Enforcement/Contempt. I filed on Dec. 20, 07. Courts are just busy I suppose. I asked for a Child Support Enforcement Officer to hear the case since it only involves these issues its suppose to speed things up!

Once he found out we are in fact going to court he made a few payments, but remains approximately 7 grand owing. He misses about 2 payments each month. Am I correct in assuming the hearing should still take place even if by some miracle he makes every single payment from now until court date time?
I don't want an upward modification, never asked for one, I just want him to pay his CS on time.

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? FL

I finally got a court date for Enforcement/Contempt. I filed on Dec. 20, 07. Courts are just busy I suppose. I asked for a Child Support Enforcement Officer to hear the case since it only involves these issues its suppose to speed things up!

Once he found out we are in fact going to court he made a few payments, but remains approximately 7 grand owing. He misses about 2 payments each month. Am I correct in assuming the hearing should still take place even if by some miracle he makes every single payment from now until court date time?
I don't want an upward modification, never asked for one, I just want him to pay his CS on time.

If my personal experience is any indication, yes the court date will still take place. However, if he is obviously making effort, chances of sanctions are slim to none.

Zephyr

If my personal experience is any indication, yes the court date will still take place. However, if he is obviously making effort, chances of sanctions are slim to none.
I agree- however you can ask that the court order an additional amount to be paid each month to go towards the arrears

hearts41

Thanks for the replies.
Thats one of the things I did ask for, was an additional amount each week to pay down the arrears. Since my daughter will be 18 this summer, my son is only 12, I also asked that he continue to pay the same amount until arrears is 0 balance. As far as I can tell thats FL law anyhow.

Gracie3787

Thanks for the replies.
Thats one of the things I did ask for, was an additional amount each week to pay down the arrears. Since my daughter will be 18 this summer, my son is only 12, I also asked that he continue to pay the same amount until arrears is 0 balance. As far as I can tell thats FL law anyhow.
yes, the hearing will still take place. Also, you are correct, the law does state that the amount can stay the same until all arrears are paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">