• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired me for no reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaushik

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

hii,

i work for a company in INDIANA...i am working from past 1 month (recently joined)**************....this friday a shocking thing happend

I went to office late, late by an hour....So I decided, I will just enter through another door instead of the main entrance, So that people dont feel bad.....

My supervisor saw me entering through back door**************......He said thats against company policy and he said it comes under deceivng the company

they all formed a meeting, and fired me just becoz I enterd to another door**************...I felt its just a reason they found out to fire me......THEY NEVER TOLD THIS when I joined the company

can i file case against them

ecmst12

That's funny :)

You didn't get fired for no reason. You got fired because 1) you were an hour late and 2) you tried to sneak in through the back door so no one would notice.

Legally, they don't NEED a reason to fire you. But they certainly had a reason here.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
:rolleyes:Sneaking into work an hour late is no reason?

Tell me, what WOULD be a reason? Sounds like your employer had good reason to me.

No, you do not have any kind of case against them. :rolleyes:

kaushik

so u think there may be some personal grudge or some sort of thing and they find a wierd reason and the fired me using it

so u think i cant do anything legally......right??

except searchng for a new job...right??

seniorjudge

Q: so u think there may be some personal grudge or some sort of thing and they find a wierd reason and the fired me using it

A: Being fired for trying to sneak in late is not weird; it is standard practice.

Q: so u think i cant do anything legally......right?? except searchng for a new job...right??

A: Start hoofin'.

kaushik

ohh i nvr knew that company can fire lke tht

any ways....Than You Sir for your time.....appreciate it

byee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">