• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing and hiring a new attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

That's putting in mildly...
I had a very bad night last night...acid reflux and no Zantac in the house...so I read that post 4 times. The best response I could come up with is "Huh?". Glad to know it's not just me and my, tragically, sleep deprived brain.

quincy

First of all you need to discuss to the current lawyer regarding all the issues you are having with the current lawyers, you can try to solve those problems with a healthy discussion.
If this trick doesn't work than you can think to hire another lawyer as you will have to expense the money to that lawyer that could be more than current lawyers and there are possibilities that the lawyer may not be trustworthy. It can take long time to create and maintain trustworthy relationship with new lawyer.
As you said that no lawyer is interested to take your medical malpractice case, so it is better to go with the current lawyer as he is having enough knowledge regarding that case, so he can handle the case very well.
If another lawyer is telling you to fire the current lawyer which means he has no trust on you, and there is possibility that he can back off from you, and moreover you will have to pay to both of the lawyers at the same time. This will be the best decision to keep the current lawyer by your side rather than hiring new lawyer.
elanastewart, one of the goals of this forum is to provide information to a poster so that they can leave the forum better educated and less confused about the legal issue that has brought them here.

I am afraid that your post has worked to confuse rather than clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">