• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time Possession of Marijuana in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seniorjudge

Okay, so according to the city's code that I violated, if I pay the fine, I should be okay.. correct? Sorry if I seem like I'm freaking out way too much, but I don't want my future jeopordized...
If you don't want your future jeopardized, then stop smoking.

Mary Jane gives you weak wienie.

qwik

I've stopped, I haven't smoked since a couple weeks ago. And for me that's very good, since I used to smoke everyday...

qwik

Also, another thing to add on... sorry, my citation didn't have a Case Number at the top, the line is blank.. the only thing listed is a complaint number... whats the difference between a complaint number and a case number? i tried searching for both on my county's website and nothing came up. also another thing... when i went in to find out what my fines were for these tickets... the mayors office did not receive the possession one, but had the loud exhaust one... well now they have the possession one because i had the copy with me and they just made a photocopy... but that was 2 days after the incident happened, i would have thought the officer would give them that citation along with the exhaust ticket....

qwik

Just giving an update, today my background check for work came in due to me getting a promotion, it came back clean I guess, my manager never said anything and I received my promotion.. Although it is a 'minor misdemeanor' the application stated to list misdemeanors and felonies if any... under the state code/city code, I do not have to disclose that type of information. I was a little worried about the background check because the incident happened on Sunday and I guess there was an "issue" with my background check so they had to re-send it on Monday. But all is well so far for me as of right now considering I did not lose my job, now at least I still have ways of getting some money to figure out if I should pay the fine or get an attorney to help remove this minor misdemeanor if it does actually show on my record by November 20. Also my drivers license has not been suspended because I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet since the incident but maybe that's because I haven't really went and paid the fine yet? If my license were to be suspended (though the mayors office informed me that it won't) would I have gotten a notice before I even paid my fine or went to court? I mean, I got pulled over 2 days after the incident occured and the officer never said anything about my license being suspended...

Jer1963

Alittle more bad news

Thought you might also like to know that In Ohio if you are charged with just one joint then you cannot buy or own a firearm. Please look it up. You have to go back to court and get a relief of disabilty. Ohio is the only state to have such a law. Even a drug MM takes away your firearms rights.
It will turn up when the gun dealer runs your check on the form 4473 and calls
the N.I.C.S. in West Virginia.
Getting a relief of disability can cost around $3,000. Cities like Akron do not like to give them. This law really needs to be changed. I have my carry permit
and would never mess with any drug. The price is to high. Maybe you don't care about gun rights, then this post is for those who do. Please research it.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">