• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Floral contract and Katrina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcatz

Since this is now all in one thread, I have to say that my position has been congruent with badapple40's since the inception.

It's just that, to me, it looked so obvious and fundamental that I was hopeful that the florist would see the light without the need for them both to go to court.

Comment about the stop order was a "makeweight" which, in retrospect, I perhaps should not have mentioned. "Valid dispute" is a factual matter to be determined in the forum that I hoped they would not end up in.

(When jurisdictions began imposing civil penalties for bad checks, check kiters caught on quickly. When a check was going to to be NSF or account closed, stop orders were placed because those weren't within the ambit of most original statutes. So the statutes were revised to require the payor to justify the stop order.)

Moops

This is simple contracts. I'm not going to argue with an unlicensed layperson about fundamental contract law any longer.

Nonrefundable means that they won't refund if you cancel. It doesn't let them KEEP THE DEPOSIT WHEN THEY BREACH THE CONTRACT.[/QUOTE

Shelly, Are you licensed?

Moops

Shelly

Shelly, what happened. You were so vocal on this message posting until I asked if you were licensed. I was beginning to believe the advice you were giving and getting discouraged. Thank goodness for the others.
No harm done.

S

shell007

Moops said:
Shelly, what happened. You were so vocal on this message posting until I asked if you were licensed. I was beginning to believe the advice you were giving and getting discouraged. Thank goodness for the others.
No harm done.
That's because you PM'd me instead, and I answered you there.

Additionally: My position has not really changed since my last post when I said it sounded like a case for "small claims". Also, there really is no need to keep hashing out the same points over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">