• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flalimony

BaI hai : he did not rule on truth he ruled on what she said. I did not have the resources to hire a private investigator to follow her around. It would cost a thousand a day to follow her around. I now have the resources and now I will show she has and she is working. I will show that she is defrauding the IRS and medicaid.

The system has and is run like back in the 1800' s when women did not work.

I plan on winning this time.

Anyone ever hear that pro se litigants are not allowed to drop off their paperwork to the other attorneys office in florida?

My exe's office tried that with me today. I have never saw that anywhere :).

Bali Hai

BaI hai : he did not rule on truth he ruled on what she said. I did not have the resources to hire a private investigator to follow her around. It would cost a thousand a day to follow her around. I now have the resources and now I will show she has and she is working. I will show that she is defrauding the IRS and medicaid.

I plan on winning this time.

Anyone ever hear that pro se litigants are not allowed to drop off their paperwork to the other attorneys office in florida?

My exe's office tried that with me today. I have never saw that anywhere :).
The judge determines truth, therefore, what she said was determined to be the truth.

Good luck to you. Show us your battle scars when it's over.

st-kitts

I did not have the resources to hire a private investigator to follow her around. It would cost a thousand a day to follow her around. I now have the resources and now I will show she has and she is working. I will show that she is defrauding the IRS and medicaid.
What is your monthly alimony expense? You indicate in your initial posts you don't have money to pay alimony but now you say you do have the resources to hire a PI to show she is working. You are correct, it will cost thousands of dollars a day to follow her around (generally between 1-2K per day plus mileage) plus another 1-2K for the report from the PI. I am curious how you can pay for the PI, but not the alimony.

Bali Hai

What is your monthly alimony expense? You indicate in your initial posts you don't have money to pay alimony but now you say you do have the resources to hire a PI to show she is working. You are correct, it will cost thousands of dollars a day to follow her around (generally between 1-2K per day plus mileage) plus another 1-2K for the report from the PI. I am curious how you can pay for the PI, but not the alimony.
Forgetting the absolute absurdity ordering someone to work as a slave for someone else for life, the purely financial logic goes like this.

Assume total PI cost $10k. This does not assume OP will prevail. He probably won't.

Assume $1k per month for life with a 35 year horizon. That would equal $420k. If OP believes he has a chance of modifying the order to even half what it is now, wouldn't that $10k be well spent?

You seem to allude that if OP has any extra money to fight the ridiculous order, the alimony amount was too low initially.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Two points... Back in the 1800s, woen worked just as hard as men did, whether on farms or in cities. Just in different roles.

In the 19th century, women and children were considered chattel (i.e. owned by the husband). *IF* there was a divorce, it was most often at the request of the husband, and HE received the children. Women had no right to custody until the 1860s in NY.

So... stop being ignorant.

Bali Hai

Two points... Back in the 1800s, woen worked just as hard as men did, whether on farms or in cities. Just in different roles.

In the 19th century, women and children were considered chattel (i.e. owned by the husband). *IF* there was a divorce, it was most often at the request of the husband, and HE received the children. Women had no right to custody until the 1860s in NY.

So... stop being ignorant.
OP is from Florida, which was purchased from Spain and didn't become a US state until 1845.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP is from Florida, which was purchased from Spain and didn't become a US state until 1845.
And I seriously doubt that woen in FL got custody in the 1800s either. Spain was/is a very paternalistic society. Come on, guys - do some research.

Proserpina

And I seriously doubt that woen in FL got custody in the 1800s either. Spain was/is a very paternalistic society. Come on, guys - do some research.

You're wasting your time.

Bali sure as heck doesn't want to actually "learn" anything, for one thing.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You left out the "m" in women twice. It may be time to have your keyboard serviced.
Not worth it - the screen is cracked, too. But I'll carry on with this laptop as is, since I need to get my daughter a new one for college, in addition to helping pay her housing. We'll all learn to live with my finicky keyboard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">