• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Board of Pharmacy Ripped Me Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neurosciencebae

So I was a pharmacy technician in training for 6 months and I submitted everything required to take the test to become licensed. Then the board threw a curve ball. They said they needed proof of completion of a board-approved pharmacy program, which my trainer faxed over a week prior to that email. My trainer faxed it over again, I emailed it to them, then uploaded it to my account on their website exactly where they wanted me to upload it six times over the course of a month. A few days ago I even mailed it to them. When I try to call them nobody picks up the phone and when I email them nobody replies. Now it has been nearly two months since I paid them, and I can't work in a pharmacy until I have the license. I want them to give me the opportunity to take the test, or a refund. I have made that clear to them via email but of course no response. So is it possible that I can build a case against them? I need my money back and I'm extremely curious about this.

xylene

You need to start sending letters by certified mail, return receipt and stop bothering with email.

Who is they exactly?

ajkroy

Are you hoping to take the PTCB or the ExCPT? My students take the PTCB and I can help you through that process.

ajkroy

Well, for future reference (in case OP ever comes back or anyone else is looking): for the PTCB, our school must either give the student a code to sign up or must have them sign up through our portal. I am our school's liaison for the PTCB and I was told these are our only options. I do not know how the ExCPT does theirs, but I would expect it would be similar.

quincy

Florida (per the thread title).
Oops. :)

Neurosciencebae, are you waiting for your application to be approved? Or are you waiting for the authorization notice to be sent so you can schedule an exam? The authorization notification should be sent via email.

If you are waiting for the authorization to schedule an exam, have you checked your email spam folder to see if the notice was diverted there?

Last edited:

Neurosciencebae

I checked my spam folders already and yes I’m waiting for the authorization notice, which is so long overdue that my trainer has no idea what to tell me right now (and she has over a decade of experience with this matter). Thankfully my pharmacy gives employees an exceptional degree of job security so I’m still employed but not authorized to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">