• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For all LL's - whats tenant check do you use?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaP777

What is the name of your state? OHIO

Now this may get deleted for possible advertising, but I was just wondering from all you LL's what service do you use to check potential tenants?
Is it an instant on-line service?
If so, what do you get? (credit report, criminal report, past evictions, foreclosures?)
What does it charge? (is that per search, monthly or yearly?)
I can find anything that is complete enough for me. Ideally, I would like to be able to type in a social secuirty number and have everything come back on that person. Then, all I would have to do is check their ID and make sure it's them.
Possible?

xylene

Ideally, I would like to be able to type in a social secuirty number and have everything come back on that person. Then, all I would have to do is check their ID and make sure it's them.
Possible?
Probably, but I think the FBI, CIA and a couple of those Homelander alphabet soup agencies tried this.

It was (is) called TIA, Total or Terrorist Information System depending on whether it is an internal or external memo.

The public story, they spent millions (read billions) and it never work as well as billed, and privacy violations were trivial.

My opinion of the private story: The spent billions (read many billions) and at best was at best playing catch up with Lexus / Nexus technology.

That's right, the government is overstating native domestic intelligence capacity because it makes them look incompetent, and would expose the private surveillance/datamining juggernaut they increasingly rely on to greater scrutiny.

The moral: Such a service will probably not come from government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">