• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forcing me out...PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aliali333

What is the name of your state? GA
Parents house was left to all 3 daughters. I moved in to care for mom for over 3 years before her death. Now other two sisters want to force me out or pay them for their share. Can they do this? I have no credit to get a mortgage(ex left me w/ tons of debt) and I will be homeless. Can they do this?

Litigation!

aliali333 said:
What is the name of your state? GA
Parents house was left to all 3 daughters. I moved in to care for mom for over 3 years before her death. Now other two sisters want to force me out or pay them for their share. Can they do this? I have no credit to get a mortgage(ex left me w/ tons of debt) and I will be homeless. Can they do this?

My response:

Yes, they can - - through the court.

IAAL

pojo2

Why not see if they will accept a payment plan for their sahre? Then you can work on your credit and get the necessary mortgage in order to pay them off in a set number of years.

Do you really blame them for wanting their share of the inheritance while you live in the home for free?

If the relationship is good then talk to them about payments.

Dandy Don

Find out for sure IF the home is going to be sold. If it is, then you will be receiving 1/3 of the profit from the sale which should give you enough money to find an apartment and if you are working you should be able to afford that monthly expense from now on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">