• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure, additional time for mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Knucklehead

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
Our bank has filed for foreclosure on our home. The county court where we live sent a pre-filled out "MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (30 days) TO ANSWER OR OTHERWISE PLEAD WHILE MEDIATION CONSIDERED" to encourage the bank try and work out something with the borrower (us). We submitted and were granted this extension. During this period the bank never made any attempt to contact us and work out a solution. After the 30 day period ended, the case has resumed. I called the bank myself this past week and the loss mitigation person I spoke with said he was waiting on updated income information from us. I told him the bank has never requested this update and he apologized and could apparently tell that the bank had indeed not sent out any such request. My question is, should we/can we submit another motion for extension based on this oversight by the bank? Any other suggestions on how to stretch this foreclosure out in order for us to get some time to "get back on our feet" would be appreciated.

nextwife

You are the one who requested additional time.

You should have been proactive and contacted the bank to let them know that you now had the ability to make payments and how much you could afford and how much you would bring toward the delinquency. The loss mitigation departments are swamped, you, however, have only ONE home you want to save and should have shown the bank you cared enough about it that you could be bothered to do whatever you could to try to save it. Sounds like you expect them to do everything for you. I have no idea if you'd be granted another extension.

Knucklehead

Thanks for the scolding. Since you don't know all that I have done to try and work out something with my bank AND your answer to my question is that you "have no idea", why are you wasting our time on this forum?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">