• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 1099 MISC Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

An idependent contractor invoiced me $800 for the following:

$600 - services provided
$200 - hotel/parking expense

I cut a check for $800. When I issue him the 1099, do I report $600 or $800? And if it's only $600, can I deduct that additional $200 as an expense?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential