• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 843 from abroad?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Hey everyone.

First of all, thanks for taking the time out to help me out here.

I was a student in the USA and then worked for about an year on my OPT till April 2014. I had to leave the country and am in India now. However, while I was working there, my Social Security and Mediclaim taxes were being deducted through the year 2013. I got it sorted out for the year 2014 while I was there, but am still trying to figure out a way to get my 2013 taxes refunded.

Now that I am outside the country, is it possible to apply by filling out the 843 and 8316 forms? I have all the other necessary documentation ready, but the forms do not seem like they are meant to be filled from abroad. Should I just give a friends address and figure it out from there?

Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential