• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Employer Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lfarler7

What is the name of your state? Kentucky.

So I was employed with a company known as SercoXXX nearly 3 years ago. I resigned my position with little notice. Was around 3 days prior to my resignation due to family obligations.. After returning to Kentucky I applied for a position with XXX once more as it was a field of work I preferred among other options. But there has been issues, I was emailed and called due to their interest in me filling the position. I was told to come to their office (2 hours away) for an interview, I get down there and am informed that it was actually a phone screening. The lady I spoke with failed to mention that, she just told me to be there for the interview, No biggie I just go back on my 2 hour drive home. Get the phone call for the phone screening, It went great. Very brief as I worked there before she knew I fully understood everything and pretty much ensured I understood and wanted the scheduled hours. So she scheduled me an interview for the very next day. However I received an email in the AM a few hours before the interview was scheduled.. Informing me that I was in-eligible for rehire and that the interview had been canceled.. Its not the biggest deal I do have other jobs coming up in the same field. My frustration is that they failed to notice I was in-eligible for rehire when they reviewed my app, called me (misinforming me) of my interview and that whole mix up.. Just to catch at the last step of the hiring process that I was actually not eligible for rehire.. I know with the eligibility for rehire policies its sealed rather tight and nothing can be done. But what about when they somewhat.. Lead you on that your going to be hired... Just to tell you after you have went through interview & phone screening that your actually in-eligible for re-hire.. Can they do that...? I guess is my question. I feel after being very unprofessionally led on that they cant be allowed to do that..? Is there anything I can do or is there anything wrongful they've done through out this process? Sorry this is so long just want to fully explain the mess.. Thanks in advanced.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Kentucky.

So I was employed with a company known as Serco nearly 3 years ago. I resigned my position with little notice. Was around 3 days prior to my resignation due to family obligations.. After returning to Kentucky I applied for a position with Serco once more as it was a field of work I preferred among other options. But there has been issues, I was emailed and called due to their interest in me filling the position. I was told to come to their office (2 hours away) for an interview, I get down there and am informed that it was actually a phone screening. The lady I spoke with failed to mention that, she just told me to be there for the interview, No biggie I just go back on my 2 hour drive home. Get the phone call for the phone screening, It went great. Very brief as I worked there before she knew I fully understood everything and pretty much ensured I understood and wanted the scheduled hours. So she scheduled me an interview for the very next day. However I received an email in the AM a few hours before the interview was scheduled.. Informing me that I was in-eligible for rehire and that the interview had been canceled.. Its not the biggest deal I do have other jobs coming up in the same field. My frustration is that they failed to notice I was in-eligible for rehire when they reviewed my app, called me (misinforming me) of my interview and that whole mix up.. Just to catch at the last step of the hiring process that I was actually not eligible for rehire.. I know with the eligibility for rehire policies its sealed rather tight and nothing can be done. But what about when they somewhat.. Lead you on that your going to be hired... Just to tell you after you have went through interview & phone screening that your actually in-eligible for re-hire.. Can they do that...? I guess is my question. I feel after being very unprofessionally led on that they cant be allowed to do that..? Is there anything I can do or is there anything wrongful they've done through out this process? Sorry this is so long just want to fully explain the mess.. Thanks in advanced.
1. Yes, they can do that.
2. See above.
3. No, there is nothing you can do and they did nothing "wrongful".

They are legally allowed to be unprofessional just as you were allowed to be unprofessional when you abruptly quit with little notice 3 years ago.

Eekamouse

You didn't give proper notice before you quit. What did you expect would happen if you reapplied? You likely weren't a stand out employee because if you were, they might have forgiven your lack of notice and given serious thought of rehiring you.

PayrollHRGuy

It is not even unusual for a company to not have noticed the previous history until a later point in the process. You are lucky they caught it when they did. It could have happened the day you showed up for your first day of work.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm going to add my voice to the choir. No, nothing illegal happened. Nothing even unusual happened. Personally, I think you were more unprofessional in quitting without notice than they were in failing to catch a not-eligible-for-rehire immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">