• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Partner Theft of Company Funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinwan

I am in the state of Calfornia. I was working with a partner who lives in Boston. I sent him Bitcoin (on record) to pay for a $15,000 company charge for KYC of which we didn't end up using. In the end, he chargedback the charge and did not return the funds. Is there anyway I can get my money back still?

He also swindled me by getting me to sign with a lawyer for a retainer, for $10,000, of which I received no services for either. I am really broke now, and have nothing. Is there anyway I can fight back and get these funds I really need?

Mass_Shyster

Have you ever met this person? It sounds like a classic scam. I don't know of any legitimate business that uses bitcoin.

Try going to www.massbbo.org to see if the "lawyer" is really a lawyer in Massachusetts.

BTW, this wouldn't be a small claims case in Mass. Claims under $7000 can be heard in small claims. Under $25000 can be heard in District Court. Over $25000 goes to the Superior Court. I'm not sure, and don't feel like checking, to see if an amount of exactly $25000 goes to District or Superior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">