• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franchise is up for renewal????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dogfuzz

In about 8 months our franchise (arizona) will be up for renewal.... We have fulfilled the 25 year contract.....We do not want o renew but we are having some problems......I can understand taking down the signage, giving back the franchise books,etc. but i have also been told I have to give up my Phone number i have had for 25 years....... It seems to me that if we both have fulfilled the contract....that it just expires.... In good faith we have paid our royalties and stayed with it for 25 years...but now want to do it on our own. Why or how can a company take your phone number away..... isn't there any protection.????????
jc

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogfuzz:
In about 8 months our franchise (arizona) will be up for renewal.... We have fulfilled the 25 year contract.....We do not want o renew but we are having some problems......I can understand taking down the signage, giving back the franchise books,etc. but i have also been told I have to give up my Phone number i have had for 25 years....... It seems to me that if we both have fulfilled the contract....that it just expires.... In good faith we have paid our royalties and stayed with it for 25 years...but now want to do it on our own. Why or how can a company take your phone number away..... isn't there any protection.????????
jc
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is value to that number and depending upon how your franchise agreement was worded, the number may in fact be the property of the franchisor. The number is the lifeline to the outside world, to the general public. The number is in ads and other PR media.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">