• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Charge by previous employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Otterchick

What is the name of your state? Ohio

A little background before I get to the financial problem...
My husband left his job as an Assistant General Manager of a hotel after obtaining a much better job as a GM at another hotel. There had been animosity between him and his former boss for quite some time and he ended up leaving halfway through his two week notice because she was still lying about policies.

A week after he left, we noticed a debit of $592.00 posted to our account by his previous employer. We have no idea what this was for, nor do we even know how she managed to get his credit card number. We did find out that she has been bad mouthing him to the staff and saying that "office equipment" was missing. This does not give her the right to charge our account (he made sure someone verified that he left with nothing his last day) does it? What are our options and what can happen to her? We are currently awaiting a response from the company headquarters and an affadavit from the bank.

Thanks for any help!

HomeGuru

Otterchick said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

A little background before I get to the financial problem...
My husband left his job as an Assistant General Manager of a hotel after obtaining a much better job as a GM at another hotel. There had been animosity between him and his former boss for quite some time and he ended up leaving halfway through his two week notice because she was still lying about policies.

A week after he left, we noticed a debit of $592.00 posted to our account by his previous employer. We have no idea what this was for, nor do we even know how she managed to get his credit card number. We did find out that she has been bad mouthing him to the staff and saying that "office equipment" was missing. This does not give her the right to charge our account (he made sure someone verified that he left with nothing his last day) does it? What are our options and what can happen to her? We are currently awaiting a response from the company headquarters and an affadavit from the bank.

Thanks for any help!

**A: thank you for your nice story. Explain what kind of "account" you are referring to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">