• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Legal Aid place can't help me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I wasn't sure where to put this but medical was about as close to the issue as I could figure, but if anyone can suggest a better place to post this please let me know.

I wanted to get a state hearing because I don't agree with my local Medicaid office take on the insurance I get. (They say I have a spend down, I don't think I should cause they are counting income that we don't get!) So, it says that I can call the local Free Legal Aid place and get a lawyer to help and so I call. And after she takes all my information she comes back on the phone and says that the computer or whatever is telling her that it would be a "conflict of interest" if they helped me. I am so totally lost about that. I have never been to court in Ohio for anything, except to get married, so why would there be a conflict of interest? (Of course they said it doesn't say why.) And now I have to go do this state hearing by myself! Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen or why they would say this?

SHORTY LONG

Does it not disclose that you are entitled to a hearing?
You should be able to appeal decision. Read very closely
what the paper or paper say about appealing. There is
only so many days allowed from the time you received
decision. To be safe, be very accurate in counting because,
if one day late, then it is all over.

If you strongly feel, and can 100% prove that your classification
should be changed to allow you to have the Medicaid without
a spend-down then, file a Notice of Appeal. Or maybe call your
case manager, and request another annual review!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">