• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend used my money instead of investing it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

Lets not hold our breath waiting for an accurate list of the stocks and dates of actual investment from OP re this friend

HRZ

OP absent a few solid written attempts to secure return of your funds your local DJ might be not be a impressed with credibility of your views .

BTW , do you know about how many others are engaged with investment loans with this friend and have you personally talked with any of them as to thier investment track record?

Reminds me of a newspaper article from the 1920's, when a young man asked a seasoned Wall Street trader how to make a small fortune in the stock market. The answer was, "Start with a large fortune" ;)

quincy

Lets not hold our breath waiting for an accurate list of the stocks and dates of actual investment from OP re this friend
I don't expect Buckeye to post any list of stocks here but he will need to do some research on his own to see if his $4000 investment was a profitable one for him.

HRZ

I don't expect his friend will even give him an accurate list of the investmemts actually made...OP needs to consider scam and theft by deception are not yet ruled out .

quincy

I don't expect his friend will even give him an accurate list of the investmemts actually made...OP needs to consider scam and theft by deception are not yet ruled out .
Buckeye said this is a friend who invests on a regular basis and he asked this friend to invest $4000 for him.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate "scam" or "theft by deception."

There is not evil intent behind every act or action. Sometimes a horse is just a horse.

HRZ

Absent an accurate verifiable list of just how that $4000 was invested ...there is nothing to rule out foul play

PayrollHRGuy

Folks, the OP pretty much said in the first post that the "investor friend" thought it was a gift. It was likely never invested.

quincy

Folks, the OP pretty much said in the first post that the "investor friend" thought it was a gift. It was likely never invested.
And Buckeye also said the friend had a list of stocks that were invested in.

There is much that needs to be proved to support any legal action. Buckeye does not seem close to that point yet.

But scam and theft by deception (crimes that HRZ seems for some reason to have latched onto) are not indicated (or likely) by Buckeye's longtime friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">