• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated and Scared - Complicated Failure to Yield Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecmst12

Pay it, or call them up and ask them if this is a final bill or if they are still waiting on supplements. You can wait until the bill is final or you can pay as it comes in, you'll end up owing the same amount either way.

BTW, it doesn't matter whether they actually got the car repaired or not. They are owed the cost of repairs.

ImSkrewd

Pay it, or call them up and ask them if this is a final bill or if they are still waiting on supplements. You can wait until the bill is final or you can pay as it comes in, you'll end up owing the same amount either way.
What about if damages on the other car do not match the location of damages on my daughter's? Can I call their insurance company to have the claim adjuster check out my daughter's car? When I got into an accident long time ago, the adjuster checked both cars, but not in this case.

ecmst12

You can ask but they are under no obligation to do anything with your car. Since you don't have an insurance company to defend you, you have very little power.

ImSkrewd

You can ask but they are under no obligation to do anything with your car.
I wasn't gonna ask them to fix my car; that much I understand.

My question is, can the other party claim whatever he/she wants w/o checking the other car for damages first? What if the damages are totally unrelated to the accident (i.e. on the middle of hood instead of the bumper)?

ecmst12

They should send you the pictures, and you can take the estimate to a mechanic you trust and ask them if the estimate makes sense for the damage in the photos.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">