• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full Satisfaction Check Endorsement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pegarz

Regarding an estimate we received for work to be done; the work was begun by one person who passed away and person who took over did not submit any new figures for job in writing. In paying the estimate I am questioning the proper way of adding to the endorsement of the check "in full payment and satisfaction of estimate dated (date on estimate) by (deceased person's name) of (company name). Our company is in New York, but are dealing with a firm in Massachusetts. Is it correct to write on the front of the check in the memo section "for estimate dated () by () of () with the endorsement section on the back reading "Full payment and satisfaction regarding estimate dated () by () of ().

Is this correct? Or must the front of the check in the memo section also read "full payment and satisfaction" on it also?

My employer wants it to simply state "in full payment and satisfaction of the () company brochure" which in my opinion is not correct as it does not state the company to which the job was assigned!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">