• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

further damage of my car by collision center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slny

The right front light of my car was not connected to the bumper because of a small collision, then I sent my car to Ferman Collision Center for repair in Wesley Chapel, Florida. When I was picking up my car, I found they forgot to connect the left front light back to the bumper, and they agreed to fix that problem. A few days later, when I went to Ferman again to pick up my car, the radar parking assist system was not working and the alarm was on. They agreed that they didn't assemble the car correctly and would fix that problem. However, today I got a phone call from them that there would be an additional charge for that and I have to pay before I can pick-up my car.

I don't think I should pay for the additional charge for the damage that was caused by the collision center. In this case, what should I do to get my car back without paying for the additional charge? Is there any way that I can get my car back without paying for the additional charge?

LdiJ

The right front light of my car was not connected to the bumper because of a small collision, then I sent my car to Ferman Collision Center for repair in Wesley Chapel, Florida. When I was picking up my car, I found they forgot to connect the left front light back to the bumper, and they agreed to fix that problem. A few days later, when I went to Ferman again to pick up my car, the radar parking assist system was not working and the alarm was on. They agreed that they didn't assemble the car correctly and would fix that problem. However, today I got a phone call from them that there would be an additional charge for that and I have to pay before I can pick-up my car.

I don't think I should pay for the additional charge for the damage that was caused by the collision center. In this case, what should I do to get my car back without paying for the additional charge? Is there any way that I can get my car back without paying for the additional charge?
You can get an attorney to write them a strongly worded letter threatening to sue them if they don't return your car without additional charges. You can go ahead and sue them immediately. The problem however is that you won't get your car back until a judge orders them to return it or they cave. You could also pay what they want, and then sue them after the fact...and make it as public as possible so that they get a serious bad rep.

You could also try your local television station, to see if they do any kind of interventions in situations like these.

slny

You can get an attorney to write them a strongly worded letter threatening to sue them if they don't return your car without additional charges. You can go ahead and sue them immediately. The problem however is that you won't get your car back until a judge orders them to return it or they cave. You could also pay what they want, and then sue them after the fact...and make it as public as possible so that they get a serious bad rep.

You could also try your local television station, to see if they do any kind of interventions in situations like these.
I have another key for my car. Can I just drive it back to home?

zddoodah

In this case, what should I do to get my car back without paying for the additional charge? Is there any way that I can get my car back without paying for the additional charge?
Realistically, you'll probably have to pay under protest and sue for the return of the money.

I have another key for my car. Can I just drive it back to home?
We have no way of knowing if you have this ability. However, if you do it, you'll almost certainly get sued.

slny

Realistically, you'll probably have to pay under protest and sue for the return of the money.

We have no way of knowing if you have this ability. However, if you do it, you'll almost certainly get sued.
I don't want to get trouble and will probably just pay and never go back there again.

slny

I talked with their manager, than the manager admitted that they made a mistake and promised me that they won't charge me anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">