• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Future - Baby Mama Drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi Sillyboo,

You were the last person I thought I would end up talking too but EXACTLY who I need to probably be speaking too right about now. Oh I do not know how long this will end up but please read it in its entirety. First let me reply so some of the things you mentioned in your post.

Pissing me off…
You personally did not piss me off. I will not apologize or take back the things that I said. I was just addressing the things you were saying. I will apologize for making you feel uncomfortable or if you took my very extensive reply back too you as a personal attack. “I am sorry, Sillyboo”

Your situation…
The funny thing is that you never mentioned that in your first post. And you probably did not read my intermission where I said…

------------
Before I continue I must say that I am not trying to attack you nor your opinions you have all right to them it is just that well as you can already see I have some very STRONG opinions about certain things!!! Hahahaah further more u may have ALL RIGHT to feel the way you feel about the father of your child. He may well be an ASS which will cause u to do and say the things you do. So when I make my comments I am often thinking of myself and the many many other fathers out there who desperately want to be a part of the ENTIRE nurturing, love, support AND discipline of their child.
------------

Did you get far enough to read the above? So I guess it turns out that your man is an ASS and you do have all right to not what him to have physical custody!!! See how easy that was!!!

Fathers…
Ok I must be HONEST with you. WE (including myself ONLY because I am a father) don’t often do right by the women who become the mothers of our children. In the 3 short months I have been a dad I have heard countless stories of men who are NOT handling their responsibilities both to their children and to their mothers. I have yet to hear ONE story of a guy who is handling his responsibilities.

So you see knowing all this I am trying to do my very very very best for both my child AND her mother but I find myself in the same DRAMA that I am trying so hard to avoid.

Posting to the thread…
DO NOT FEEL SORRY!!!! The beauty I find about these threads is that no one knows who each other is!!!! So basically people will be “HONEST” because they have nothing to loose. Sometimes people come off nasty, sometimes people give great advice either way most won’t post if they did not care or had some advice that could help. And that is what ALL OF US ARE LOOKING FOR… FREE ADVICE!!! Hahahahaha I hope that made you smile.

So keep posting until someone gives you advice or just start your own like I did. This way all comments are directed specifically to your situation. Let me know the name if you do.

Sympathy for my child’s mother…
Why do you feel she needs sympathy?

Court…
I feel exactly the way you feel the amount of money that is spent in court fees is ridicules especially when a mediator, could work stuff out for you. Let’s just hope that you don’t go into dept over this.

Mother’s breast milk…
It is not that I am hung up on that. It is just that, that is the 1 thing that mothers can do that father’s can’t. You also have to understand why I even “went there” in the first place. Well now we know your man is not the best of fathers but I did not know that at the time. Lets ass-u-me that he was a good dad for a sec (cause that is what I was thinking) you said

“Due to the tender age of the child, I think it is best that she be put in the mother's physical
custody.”

I was just expressing that there is nothing that you are doing that he could not do himself despite the child’s age. Except of course breast feeding. And for you to contest physical custody based on that reason was totally ludicrous!!!

But now we know why you want physical custody so I take that back. But my OPINION still stands!! Hahahahah

2 days and $300+ later…
I see our child mon, wed, fri, sun, from 9-11 this past memorial day weekend I asked my X if I could have our child over for the weekend for a little daddy/daughter weekend. She said ok with some drama.

I asked my X if I could have some cloths… she gave me NONE!!!
I asked her for the rash cream the doctor gave us for our child’s skin… “I do not use it any more”
I asked her for the tub I bought so I could bath her if and when necessary… she said NO!!!
The majority of the things I was asking for we got as gifts from the baby shower NOT things she spent her own money on but stuff for us.

Well 2 days and $300+ later I bought a dresser for our daughter, I bought cloths to last 2 weeks without washing, I bought moving toys for her to play with as well as diapers, wipes, formula, etc.

So you see even though I was very very hurt by her actions I did what needed to get done for the health and well being of our child.

So thanks for the advice but I already have ALL that stuff!!!!!

Temper, temper, temper
I don’t think I have a temper what I think you are not seeing is that I am doing my best in a situation where I feel the cards are stack against me and am only coming up against negative words about dads!!! Granted most of you guys are correct in your feelings towards your children’s fathers.

But here I am NOT being disrespectful to my X, being TOTALLY supportive of her and our child, giving her mother $150 a week to take care of her own grandchild for the past 3 months, buying the largest size formula and diapers EVERY week, and I am still being treated and viewed as though I did the things many of the IRRESPONSIBLE dads have done. Being like a visitor to my own baby girl.

I think you would want to “light people up as well” if they did the same to you.

Oh last but not least the reason I said I wanted to talk to you was because I just came from visiting our child and it got VERY VERY VERY ugly!!!!! We got into a heated discussion fists were thrown (hers against my head!!!!) Now I got a splitting headache from the blows to the head. Her father had to ask me to leave. Girl it got ugly!!!!

I sent her an email apologizing for my actions I dought she will email me back but this is getting out of had really really fast!!!! I honestly can’t say what will happen but I know I don’t want to end up in front of a judge telling me when and how often I can get to see my baby girl!!!

Let me end her before I have to break this thing up again like I did before.

Once again good luck,
keep posting,
keep praying (even if you do not believe in god, cause he believes in you)
keep your head up
and it is in god’s hands NOT a judge’s…

email me sometime.. [email protected]

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
uuuhhh... I'm hoping that you don't find her slapping a domestic violence charge against you. If you were at her parents' place with no other witnesses, I'd bet dollars to donuts she's going to turn it around on you.

chances are she will first thing in the morning. the only witness was her younger sister. she walked in when she was above me hitting me in the head.

but i dought her younger sister will remember that if ever ask to testify to what she saw.

i have been reading alot about false allegations against fathers and i wonder which ones will be used against me.

but don't worry guys i will keep you posted...
REMEMBER THE NAME OF MY POST.....

FUTURE - BABY MAMA DRAMA!!!!!

and now the "future" is FINALLY HERE!!!!

mamadi

Hey bbhunter - I must say I've been reading your post and all of the replies and have been very ammused. I may have missed something along the way - I usually do. But I had a couple of questions :

What are you doing right now about getting visitation / joint custody of your child ?

What do you think is going to happen now that ya'll got into an arguement yesterday ? Do you think she'll stop you from seeing the child ??

ALL EXCELLENT QUESTIONS…..
Right now NOTHING I am replying to your post.

BUT Monday I think I will take a day off of work and go to family court and get the ball rolling on visitation, joint legal and physical custody, and come up with a child support agreement so if I can’t be there for my daughter physically I can do it financially in the mean time.

To be honest with you I do not know how she will respond. I do not know if she will use our child as a tool to get back at me. Which is a credit to her that I will not say that she will. But only time will tell.

I think this will be the longest 48 hours I will have had since our daughter was born. Only time will tell.

mamadi

That's a good idea bbhunter. I would suggest you go ahead and get the ball rolling as you say you are going to do. I thought that you had started proceedings already but apparantly not. I would also suggest you stay clear of physical confrontations. Of course, I'm sure you know that.

Good luck to you. And like everyone is telling you, it's a very good idea to make a move before it's too late ! Get a court date for visitation/custody !

As I sit here in my living room totally relaxed preparing myself for an uncertain immediate future I still think if we were to sit down and talk, cry, yell, light each other up (as I often like to put it ahahhaha) we could work things out.

I don’t think ANYONE knows how truly I do not want this to go to the courts. This is not the way I was brought up!!!!! As I sit here I HAVE NO FEAR OF GOING TO THE COURTS it is just once the ball starts rolling it would get ugly really really fast. And turn what is suppose to be a happy loving family situation into BUSINESS!!! Win or Lose. All I want is what is best for our daughter.

:) well i do not have one right now but while i was doing some research i did manage to contact one in my area. i sent her an email to contact me as soon as she gets a chance. i am hoping she does soon.

as far as the DV... getting ugly really really fast. that is all i have to say about that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't rely on email for contacting an attorney unless you've already retained her. Call first thing Monday morning.

mamadi

I understand you not wanting to go through the court system. It does seem quite cold but I'm telling ya -you better do it quickly. Otherwise you may end up getting screwed. You sound like a man who really wants to do the right thing by his child. So do the right thing and get a court order so you will be able to stay in her life! Take the day off Monday and do everything that you can possibly do -starting with contacting a lawyer.

NUFF SAID!!!

i will contact the lawyer first thing monday morning and i will start the process.

i am amazed at how calm i am. especially when i have soooo many pictures of my daughter on my walls. as wallpaper on ALL my monitors. i should be balling like a child right about now like i did in the past.

i guess a part of me knew this day would come. and since i can honestly say i am trying my best to do right by my child and her mother i SHOULD be at peace!!

I am even looking at the future cost of legal fees and court fees as an INVESTMENT on both my future and my child’s.

But I am still VERY VERY VERY SAD!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">