• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Future Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmacleod1

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

This is more of an advice question than a legal question. I am an IT consultant and, as some of you might have heard, things aren't going too well now what with most all IT jobs being shipped out of the country to places where people will work for 50 cents an hour. I've been lucky so far, but in six months or so I could be very well out of a job and don't know how to do anything else that would make nearly as much money as I'm making now. Eventually, I can see bankruptcy as a possibility.
Outside of buying lots of lottery tickets, burying my money money in the backyard, or going to law school is there anything I should be doing to prepare for this eventuality? Will I be able to keep my house or should I start trying to sell and then trade down? (Have about $60,000 equity in the house and own my cars outright)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">