• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General question/Child Abduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

My X and I have a big history. The judge doesn't ever want to see us again. Personally, I would rather not. Unfortunately, I'm sure we will.

My X was held in contempt by the judge. He has to reimburse me for my expenses. I'm waiting with baited breath - not. I'll probably see it when HE (double hockey sticks) freezes over.
That's just awful!:eek:

Do you know if the same rules apply here in Georgia/ I know it varies from state to state.

Advice to keep you from running up legal bills:

1. Keep the lines of communication open with your X.
2. Try to extinguish behaviors that will escalate to bigger problems quickly. (think that your X claimed your child, right? File your taxes claiming your child and let him deal with the consequences. He'll eventually stop being stupid.)
3. Make a paper trail - helps if you have to go to court.
4. Reiterating number 1 again. The biggest source of my problems have been the inability for us to communicate as adults. (Okay, one of us actually tries to be one.)

aleayh01

The biggest source of my problems have been the inability for us to communicate as adults.

OMG, I'm in a world of trouble because communication with ex and I at this point is NIL (I try but he refuse to communicate). He says we have nothing in common:rolleyes:

you do have something in common - YOUR child.

On the personal level, you don't have to communicate. But, you do have to communicate about what is happening with munchkin. It is up to you, as the custodial parent, to facilitate this relationship.

it can be as simple as telling dad about what changes you've seen in x number of days. Eating cereal ... rolling over ... whatever. Keep the lines of communication OPEN.

aleayh01

you do have something in common - YOUR child.

On the personal level, you don't have to communicate. But, you do have to communicate about what is happening with munchkin. It is up to you, as the custodial parent, to facilitate this relationship.

it can be as simple as telling dad about what changes you've seen in x number of days. Eating cereal ... rolling over ... whatever. Keep the lines of communication OPEN.
Thanks for your advice, I will do as such for the sake of kiddo.I'm glad you were able to get your child back:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">