• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of vehicle deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DKuma

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,
I recently signed an Agreement to Provide Vehicle for Purchase contract for a Toyota vehicle. The contract states that Buyer agrees to pay $1,000 for a service to provide vehicle described in this document. In the event that the seller cannot provide buyer with the above described vehicle with 75 days, seller will refund the order fee in pull, plus interest on the fee in the amount of 10%.
Shortly after I signed the contract, I found the same vehicle at another dealership for $1,500 less than agreed upon price. At the time I signed the contract, the dealer told me he queried all the Toyota dealerships in the area, and there wasn't any in stock.
Well, I bought the vehicle at the other dealership and requested my deposit back from the original dealer (nicely). The Toyota manager would not return my deposit saying I had signed the contract.
Looking at the contract at the box describing the vehicle, the YEAR, MAKE, and MODEL fields are blank. The dealer forgot to write this down. Can I get out of this contract and get my deposit back? How can they agree to provide me with the "vehicle described above" if the vehicle described above is blank.
Sorry for the long message.
Thanks for any advice you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">