• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

glass in food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pnpm

Subj: (no subject)
Date: 12/28/00 8:19:28 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: MBLAW

A quick question. The gentleman I am dating took me to Atlantic City on 12/23/00 for my birthday. We were staying at Bally's and at 8:15pm went upstairs to get something to eat. After we were seated we ordered food because we hadn't eaten all day. While we waited my boyfriend surprised me with an engagement ring. I was very surprised and he was truely happy!! Our food arrived 10 minutes later. As I stated we were hungry and proceeded to eat. I ate some mashed potatoes and a second later i felt something in my mouth. I thought I broke my tooth. I took a napkin out and started to spit out the food in my mouth and found a large piece of glass. I thought it was my tooth because it pricked the roof of my mouth and it had sharp edges. a report was filed, however the way it was handled upset my fiance. The restuarant supervisor was rude.When we went to the nurses station she told me my mouth was the dirtiest part of my body and to just rinse with mouthwash. My fiance told her that it was upsetting because it was my birthday and he had just proposed and that the moment was ruined. She told him to " get over it". A complaint was filed with management. Any advice?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Were you physically injured ? If so, what did your doctor say ? Did you sustain medical expenses ? If so, how much ?

Did Bally's do anything to compensate you at all ? If so, what did they do to compensate you ?

IAAL

P

pnpm

I appreciate your reply. Have had the flu last few days. I can say that other then a pin prick and taking away from the special moment, thankfully no life threatening injuries. We haven't heard from Bally's, although they did say they would reimburse our room for the night.Thank you for your response. Have a healthy and happy New year!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pnpm said:
I appreciate your reply. Have had the flu last few days. I can say that other then a pin prick and taking away from the special moment, thankfully no life threatening injuries. We haven't heard from Bally's, although they did say they would reimburse our room for the night.Thank you for your response. Have a healthy and happy New year!!

My response:

Yeah, I've been fighting the flu myself. It's awful.

Anyway, no real physical injuries. And, unfortunately, it's just one of those bad coincidences that the food / glass coincided with your special moment.

There's really nothing that can be done. So, if Bally's pays for your room, take the money and run.

I hope the rest of your life and your marriage is beautiful, healthy and successful - - because, in the final analysis, that's really what counts.

Happy New Year !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">