• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good news

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hearts41

What is the name of your state? FL

I just found out today that my x husband was served with the contempt/enforcement papers yesterday, what a relief.

I dont relish the idea of having to go to court but at least maybe we can get this child support issued ironed out, maybe :rolleyes:

hearts

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? FL

I just found out today that my x husband was served with the contempt/enforcement papers yesterday, what a relief.

I dont relish the idea of having to go to court but at least maybe we can get this child support issued ironed out, maybe :rolleyes:

hearts
Make sure that right before court you go to the court clerk's office, get an "arrearage affidavit" and take that into court with you. It will have the most up to date, accurate and the ONLY LEGAL amount of arrears owed.

Hopefully the Judge will order an immediate purge or jail time, that might make ex think before refusing to pay again. Please post and let us know how the hearing goes.

hearts41

Make sure that right before court you go to the court clerk's office, get an "arrearage affidavit" and take that into court with you. It will have the most up to date, accurate and the ONLY LEGAL amount of arrears owed.

Hopefully the Judge will order an immediate purge or jail time, that might make ex think before refusing to pay again. Please post and let us know how the hearing goes.
Thanks, I got a payment transaction history when i filed. It shows his arrears paid off but he is currently over 8,000 behind in current support. FL shows two balances, an arrears balance and a current balance. I would imagine he would have to make some purge payments, plus they will more than likely take the 8,000 and establish it as arrears now and he will begin making extra payments on that. Thats happened last time we went to court a few years ago, his current owed support was lumped into an arreas amount and he paid extra on that weekly, but each time he missed a regular weekly payment then that is how the balance got so high again.
Good idea about getting another transaction history printed right before court, thanks for the advice.

Hearts

Gracie3787

Thanks, I got a payment transaction history when i filed. It shows his arrears paid off but he is currently over 8,000 behind in current support. FL shows two balances, an arrears balance and a current balance. I would imagine he would have to make some purge payments, plus they will more than likely take the 8,000 and establish it as arrears now and he will begin making extra payments on that. Thats happened last time we went to court a few years ago, his current owed support was lumped into an arreas amount and he paid extra on that weekly, but each time he missed a regular weekly payment then that is how the balance got so high again.
Good idea about getting another transaction history printed right before court, thanks for the advice.

Hearts
There is a difference between a transaction history and an arrearage affidavit. Talk to the court clerk about getting the affidavit. It will be a piece of paper stating the date the latest CS order was entered, then it will have an amount that is unpiad on it. Then it should be stamped as certified by the clerk, that is what can and should be used to legally establish the actual arrears accrued to that date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">