• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got hit by a car, can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orangeman114

State, New Jersey. I was walking across a cross walk in front of target while it was rainy and dark vehicle was taking a left and did not see me cause the car to hit me and I fell on the ground. I sustained minor injuries and took a picture of the car’s license plate and told the driver I was okay because I was in a rush. Do I have enough information to sue? I did not get his driver’s license. Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Did you incur any medical bills as a result of this? Any other financial damages?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you do not have enough to sue. Even if you went to the hospital right now, you've had two days in which to incur injuries some other way. You would never in a million years be able to connect the injuries to the car at this point. The best you'd get would be your hospital bill paid, and IMO you'd be lucky to get that. If you'd gone to the hospital immediately, that would have been another story. Now - uh-uh.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well hopefully you're not "in a rush" now.

You need to go file a police report as soon as possible.

It wouldn't have taken long to get a picture of the person's license and insurance card. Do you even remember what the driver looked like?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">