• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got ticket for NO reason - HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kong59id

Got ticket for NO reason in NY - HELP

What is the name of your state? New York
I was dropping off a friend, and at the exact same time there was a traffic officer pulling up behind me. They stayed there for about a 10 sec. and then took off. I saw them laughing as they were driving by. All of a sudden, I get a parking ticket in the mail for violation code 45. They claim I was obstructing traffic, when I was there for about a half a min. I drove off behind them and there was no other cars behind us. The ticket is even incomplete. They did not even write the year of the car because they never even got out of their car. The ticket has the following things filled out and some is filled out as N/S:
Plate: filled out
cd:N/S
exp-date:N/S-covr
state:NY
plate type:pAS
make :merc
color:black
year:N/S
body type:4dsd
vin #: blank

Please help,
Thank you

Last edited:

kong59id

It was not a no stopping, it was not a no standing. It was a regular street. I pulled over so cars could get by and my friend got out of the car. He then went to his car to get something that he had to give me. All of this took maybe 30 sec. At that time a traffic officer in a car (there were 3 of them in the car) passed by. They stopped behind my car for like 15 sec., (which I'm assuming they got my plates and what type of car it was) and then just drove by. They claimed I was blocking traffic, when they were able to get by and there was no one else behind. After about 30 sec. , I got what I needed from my friend and drove off. At that point, I was behind the traffic officer. This actually has really pissed me off and I wish I had the power to get this person fired from their job.

Heather2

kong59id said:
It was not a no stopping, it was not a no standing. It was a regular street. I pulled over so cars could get by and my friend got out of the car. He then went to his car to get something that he had to give me. All of this took maybe 30 sec. At that time a traffic officer in a car (there were 3 of them in the car) passed by. They stopped behind my car for like 15 sec., (which I'm assuming they got my plates and what type of car it was) and then just drove by. They claimed I was blocking traffic, when they were able to get by and there was no one else behind. After about 30 sec. , I got what I needed from my friend and drove off. At that point, I was behind the traffic officer. This actually has really pissed me off and I wish I had the power to get this person fired from their job.
Ask for a trial and fight it.

CdwJava

Were you pulled over completely to the right hand curb? If not, then that is likely the offense you face ... when you pull to the curb you have to do so all the way to the right (or as far as the law requires - which, in my state is 18" from the curb ... probably about the same in yours).

The fact that there was no one behind the cops or that you were only there for 30 seconds does not mitigate the offense. I doubt the section reads that you can stop in traffic as long as it is only X seconds or as long as you only do so in front of a police car.

- Carl

Classie83

You can load and unload

In NYC, you can stop temporarily to load and unload passengers. Just fight it in court, get notorized witness statements and as much valid proof you can and fight it. See what happens. They might reduce it or totally dismiss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">