• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GPR in PA does adoption matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

protectinggeo

Thank you

We are seeing a therapist. In fact today we had our first visit. It went well. The therapist recommended a day visit to see how it went. i called the GP's and they didn't call back. I called back and got hold of the sister. I told her they could come get him for the day and she asked if it could be over night but I told her no because the child has church. So she said she would pass the message on. DO you think I should do anything more?
K

GrandmaOH

I'd say if you offered to let them pick up the child on Saturday and you don't hear from them by Friday night to confirm it, then give them a call Friday night. I think it's reasonable for you to offer the day visit as you did. I hope things work out for you.

LdiJ

tigger22472 said:
I agree the child should probably get counseling and that it's not fair for the gp's to blame mom... however, I'm not forgetting this is a gpv issue. I think considering where this is taking place and the fact that dad lived with the gp's and exercised visitation there will carry a lot of weight.
I don't disagree that it will carry weight, particularly in PA. It just seemed as though you were thinking that the burden of proof was on mom....and I was just reminding you that it wasn't. If I misinterpreted that...sorry.

protectinggeo

thank you

I wanted to thank you for telling me it was on the GP's to prove their case and not me. I know that pa is liberal with the GPV laws.
Is there a state that it is stricter on GPV laws? Meaning more in favor of the Parents rights?
K

ceara19

protectinggeo said:
I wanted to thank you for telling me it was on the GP's to prove their case and not me. I know that pa is liberal with the GPV laws.
Is there a state that it is stricter on GPV laws? Meaning more in favor of the Parents rights?
K
Most states are stricter when it comes to GPV, but moving to a new state only because the GPV laws are more in your favor could end up woking against you.

It appears as though you are trying to work with the gp's by allowing them to visit the child. If they refuse the offer just because it is not the way they want it to be, it only works against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">