• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother suing for custody- Ohiogal please advise if available

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bhahn75

The case is in Ottawa County. Yes, we asked for support from the parents. As for denying visits, it was only one visit because of illnesses here. I was willing to reschedule them. The other grandmother did a 180 on being ok with our adoption and filed for custody and companionship. What could an order for companionship time look like in this instance? Would it be as often as a standard order like we see with parents?

eerelations

How many other of grandma's relatives (the other parent's relatives) have been able to see the child SINCE you cut off grandma? Come on now. Let's go there!
I'm sorry (again), maybe I'm some kinda PC wimp person, but I really don't see how anything the OP has said deserves this kind of hostile aggression. OP told a story, there wasn't enough information in it, we asked for information, OP hasn't answered, and that means it's OK to yell at OP and (to paraphrase) invite her to take it outside?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm sorry (again), maybe I'm some kinda PC wimp person, but I really don't see how anything the OP has said deserves this kind of hostile aggression. OP told a story, there wasn't enough information in it, we asked for information, OP hasn't answered, and that means it's OK to yell at OP and (to paraphrase) invite her to take it outside?
Totally missed the point you did

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The case is in Ottawa County. Yes, we asked for support from the parents. As for denying visits, it was only one visit because of illnesses here. I was willing to reschedule them. The other grandmother did a 180 on being ok with our adoption and filed for custody and companionship. What could an order for companionship time look like in this instance? Would it be as often as a standard order like we see with parents?
It could be as they stand in the place of the parents. They also have to serve both parents in addition to you

eerelations

Totally missed the point you did
Well, go grammar! And punctuation! :rolleyes:

What point did I miss? Your aggressive hostility? Your demand to fight OP? What?

Maybe your extreme hostility wasn't the point...but what was it? Seems to have been lost in your emotions...

Bhahn75

If the parents haven't been served, does that make the filing moot? Or more likely, just drug out, to give her time to serve them? Is publication service applicable here? I don't see my daughter, but know how to reach her. The father's whereabouts are anyone's guess. Although I doubt either will show up. Is that any bearing on the motion?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
If the parents haven't been served, does that make the filing moot? Or more likely, just drug out, to give her time to serve them? Is publication service applicable here? I don't see my daughter, but know how to reach her. The father's whereabouts are anyone's guess. Although I doubt either will show up. Is that any bearing on the motion?
If the parents need to be served, but haven't been served, that can muck things up a bit.

Hon, you really need to speak to an attorney. Even just one visit, y'know?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well, go grammar! And punctuation! :rolleyes:

What point did I miss? Your aggressive hostility? Your demand to fight OP? What?

Maybe your extreme hostility wasn't the point...but what was it? Seems to have been lost in your emotions...
I didn’t demand to fight OP. And I wasn’t being hostile. You are seeing things that aren’t there and you missed the point.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If the parents need to be served, but haven't been served, that can muck things up a bit.

Hon, you really need to speak to an attorney. Even just one visit, y'know?
Per the rules all parties must be served within six months the complaint. And yeah she needs to speak to an attorney....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">