• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

What is the name of your state? texas
do grandparents have any visitation or custody rights available in texas?we had our grandchildren almost everyday for 2 years. they went home to sleep but usually were with us at least 12-15 hours a day and every weekend all weekend long. now ex-daughter-in-law heard she might not be able to get child support from my son if they are with us at least 50% of the time. my concern is for the, we were stability for them, not to mention all the other factors like supervisision, love, attention. they were taught morals, values, read to , bathed you name it we tried to do all the right things for them which is why i never objected to them being here instead of with their mother. i rarely get to see them and i know they are being neglected, live in filth etc. neglect and endangerment to the children was disclosed to cps, which stated they didn't have enough evidence to do anything. letters from an apartment complex finding the 2 yr old wandering in the middle of the night in the parking lot, the baby 3 or 4 months old alone in her crib mom not home at all, but left a baby monitor with a neighbor. this is not an isolated incident but cps determined not enough evidence to pursue this case. can we as grandparents do anything to help make things better, safer for our grandchildren?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">