• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green card travel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nrc610

My wife is going to Bangladesh for two weeks and her permanent resident card is expired but has a notice from USCIS that extends her permanent residence for 10 months until we can remove the provision and receive the 10 year resident card. Is it safe to travel with the extension?
Sorry if this question has been asked before.

LdiJ

My wife is going to Bangladesh for two weeks and her permanent resident card is expired but has a notice from USCIS that extends her permanent residence for 10 months until we can remove the provision and receive the 10 year resident card. Is it safe to travel with the extension?
Sorry if this question has been asked before.
I wouldn't take the risk...not with the current atmosphere in this country.

"If seeking to enter the United States after temporary travel abroad, you will need to present a valid, unexpired “green card” (Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card). When arriving at a port of entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer will review your permanent resident card and any other identity documents you present, such as a passport, foreign national I.D. card or U.S. Driver’s License, and determine if you can enter the United States."
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

ozerwm

If you got a extension stamp in your passport or a extension sticker on your green card you shouldn't have any issues

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">