• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun charge question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zephyr said:
I don't understand- and it might not even be relevent- but why was your gun in the trunk of your friends car? what were you guys up to?
Lots of people keep loaded firearms in thier car.

I keep a rifle in the trunk of my car, and a handgun in the glove compartment.

Zephyr

Jack_David said:
Lots of people keep loaded firearms in thier car.

I keep a rifle in the trunk of my car, and a handgun in the glove compartment.
I totally understand that, especially in texas, if this were his own car it wouldn't be a question, but I can't get around the fact that he had his gun in his friends car, that just seems odd to me, I think there may be more to this...

I mean how did that happen, right before they left he says to his friend, hey man can you pop the trunk so I can throw my gun in there?

not buyin

maybe the gun WAS in the front, then when they got pulled over they got a little scared he told the friend in the backseat, "hey pull down that seat and toss this in the trunk"

that I would buy, and from and officer seeing some monkeying around in the backseat probably then did have cause to search.

Last edited:

Kane

bigpigtx said:
True, and I digress.

Let's hypothosize. If I had a couple of Vicodin wrapped up in foil in my pocket and an officer searched me (for whatever legit reason) would it be in my best interest to tell him I have a prescription or to not say anything.
It would be in your interest, to tell the cop you had a script, if that would result in the cop letting you go.

That's true, whether or not you actually had a script.

The issue though, is whether simply telling the cop you had a script, would cause the cop to let you go.

As a practical matter, most cops don't make a habit of believing everything everybody tells them. For good reason.

(I'm not faulting them, by the way - I think it's a perfectly reasonable attitude for them to have.)

Jack David - Possessing a prescription med, without the prescription, is a crime in Texas. This is something a lot of people don't know, until they get arrested.

Heather2

Kane said:
Jack David - Possessing a prescription med, without the prescription, is a crime in Texas. This is something a lot of people don't know, until they get arrested.
I'm almost positive it's a crime in all 50 states.

Ok well my freind is headed to court soon and is telling me that he will take the charge if it remains a misdameanor and doesnt get upgraded to a felony. But what i dont get is why do people keep saying that the charge can get raised to a felony? I mean we werent near a school we werent caught at a store where beer is sold and none of us were felons. I think people watch to many movies because they keep saying that its a year for every bullet that was in the gun. Man i just dont want to go to jail sure i smoke a lil weed to relax and i have a gun for protection but that doesnt make me a violent druggy. F*** man I mean to tell yall the truth yes the gun was mine...yes the car belongs to my girlfriend but i didnt know the gun was in the trunk till they pulled it out. The thing is i make my girlfriend ride around with it for her safety and she told me the day i got arrested(after) that she always put the gun in the trunk cuz she didnt like carrying it in her purse and that she forgot to take it out. Im sure i can use that as a defense but i dont want to get her in trouble. And also if i testify at my friends trial that the gun was mine will they throw me in jail immediatly? and also will i still get to go to trial for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">