• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun rights taken away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProT

How does one go about getting their gun rights back after they've been wrongfully taken away by an ex's false allegations? I had an order of protection and domestic violence charge based upon her word. Both were dropped later but apparently affect my ability to buy back a family heirloom (late father's gun) I had to pawn for attorney fees. I have sought help locally which led me to the FBI's homepage but after numerous attempts was finally told to contact local authorities in the county. They told me to call state police. They told me call the arresting agency which is the county! I am tired of getting tossed around. It appears as though there's no way out from under this. Please advise. Ty.

Just Blue

How does one go about getting their gun rights back after they've been wrongfully taken away by an ex's false allegations? I had an order of protection and domestic violence charge based upon her word. Both were dropped later but apparently affect my ability to buy back a family heirloom (late father's gun) I had to pawn for attorney fees. I have sought help locally which led me to the FBI's homepage but after numerous attempts was finally told to contact local authorities in the county. They told me to call state police. They told me call the arresting agency which is the county! I am tired of getting tossed around. It appears as though there's no way out from under this. Please advise. Ty.
What state?

ProT

"Up to two years" I believe that! At least there is s light at the end of this tunnel! ty

Pardon my ignorance but what is a UPIN?

ProT

Excellent, ty. Never ever would I have thought that the government would take away someone's gun right's based solely on the word of another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">