• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment in the workplace from ex-boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
None of which changes the fact that EVEN IF a law had been violated, neither you nor your daughter would be legally entitled to be told a single word about what investigation was made or how the matter was disposed.

bobspero

None of which changes the fact that EVEN IF a law had been violated, neither you nor your daughter would be legally entitled to be told a single word about what investigation was made or how the matter was disposed.
Again, I am fully aware of that.. The initial thread was what is her right and she does have the right to know that action was taken, not the out come of it, could care less of the outcome, besides it is on record if it continues.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Either that's a typo or you do not fully understand.

NO. She does NOT have the right to know even IF action is taken.

And don't wave your resume at me. If I worked for your daughter's employer, I'd be the one doing the investigation.

eerelations

"There are no laws against bullying..."

I disagree with you! If bullying rises to the level of physical abuse in the workplace, there are Federal and/or state laws that protect against an unsafe workplace.

By the way, although Merida is in Mexico, its proper location is considered, Merida, Ucatan! ;)
Physical abuse is assault, and assault is illegal everywhere. Non-physical bullying that doesn't meet illegal harassment criteria is legal. Period.

Considered by who? Merida is in Mexico, ergo Merida, Mexico is its proper location. Ask anyone here. And at least I know how to spell Yucatan. :p

eerelations

OP the longer you avoid telling me about your legal training and work experience in same, the more I believe you don't have any such thing.

bobspero

OP the longer you avoid telling me about your legal training and work experience in same, the more I believe you don't have any such thing.
None, but just got a call from my daughter issue was dealt with a very satisfactory outcome, so I am good!

Apparently "the law" and the "right thing" are two different things, that was where I was confused!

Peace, I am outta here!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">