• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mbobbimarie

Colorado .
My boyfriends ex attacked my daughter. She touched her with her finger when I was not present and dug it into her seven-year-old chest and called her a maggot. She then told her it was her fault she was given divorce papers .

months to follow she called my daughter a piggy while laughing in the car with her daughter( his daughter too).

I kindly asked her to not talk to my daughter and stay away from her. She recently screamed at her in the hall way at the School. I have had enough. I'm going down to make a police report tomorrow.However, she's threatened to put a restraining order on me , against her daughter, if I protect my child. They have 50/50 custody and she's retaliating because she wants to pick on my daughter.I can't afford a lawyer, but I don't want her near my daughter. What should I do?

Just Blue

Colorado .
My boyfriends ex attacked my daughter. She touched her with her finger when I was not present and dug it into her seven-year-old chest and called her a maggot. She then told her it was her fault she was given divorce papers .

months to follow she called my daughter a piggy while laughing in the car with her daughter( his daughter too).

I kindly asked her to not talk to my daughter and stay away from her. She recently screamed at her in the hall way at the School. I have had enough. I'm going down to make a police report tomorrow.However, she's threatened to put a restraining order on me , against her daughter, if I protect my child. They have 50/50 custody and she's retaliating because she wants to pick on my daughter.I can't afford a lawyer, but I don't want her near my daughter. What should I do?
Is your child also your BF's child? When did all this happen? Were there any witnesses?

quincy

Colorado .

File for the restraining order as you originally intended. She might then file for one against you. And a judge might decide to issue a mutual restraining order - where you don’t go near her and her daughter, and she doesn’t go near you or you daughter.

A mutual order might keep the peace until the restraining order is lifted or expires, at which time cooler heads might be all that is needed to preserve the peace.

Good luck.

Mbobbimarie

File for the restraining order as you originally intended. She might then file for one against you. And a judge might decide to issue a mutual restraining order - where you don’t go near her and her daughter, and she doesn’t go near you or you daughter.

A mutual order might keep the peace until the restraining order is lifted or expires, at which time cooler heads might be all that is needed to preserve the peace.

Good luck.
This

Mbobbimarie

The issue with this is that he has 50/50
Custody of their daughter and we are living together. I have done nothing to her daughter . This is where I'm at a confusion if she decides to retaliate. Me and him don't share any mutual children, but we are living together and engaged. How am I able to protect my daughter if she puts a restraining order on me. Also, I have not harassed her and I do not speak to her, is she really able to put a order on me for no reason?

quincy

Custody of their daughter and we are living together. I have done nothing to her daughter . This is where I'm at a confusion if she decides to retaliate. Me and him don't share any mutual children, but we are living together and engaged. How am I able to protect my daughter if she puts a restraining order on me. Also, I have not harassed her and I do not speak to her, is she really able to put a order on me for no reason?
If a judge thinks a mutual restraining order can preserve the peace, he can order it and let all of you figure out how not to violate its terms.

The goal of the order will be to keep people from being harmed, if the adults can’t figure out a way to do this on their own.

Just Blue

I'll tell you what I would do, as a mother, if I were you....Take your little girl and move out. Break it off with the BF...It really is in the best interest of your child. With an ex like that this crap will never end and it isn't fair that your DD has to deal with this.

LdiJ

How is it that your daughter is anywhere near this woman?

commentator

The incidents you describe which mostly took place in the not terribly recent past sound to me like somewhat inflated, impossible to prove cases of she said this happened (the seven year old). And they all have happened earlier. As in when the first scene, where a finger touch to the chest was called "an attack" and may have been perceived as an attack, but after the attack nothing was apparently done for some time. Why was she in this position? Was her father present? Was it at school?

So after your child was attacked, here she is spending time with these people who are not her relatives, have no reason to be with her where such events may happen. Again, where did this happen? Allowing your daughter to be abused verbally or physically by the ex girlfriend of your boyfriend is not responsible parenting, and going to court for a possible restraining order against her some time later is not the most effective way you could deal with it if there is any alternative like removing her from the situation. And then in "months to follow" this other bad thing, incidents of verbal attack happened and that happened. Where and under what circumstances? I am not sure a judge will be willing to give this mother or the other woman restraining orders, though it would certainly be good for all the children involved.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is he fully divorced or were/ are you and he committing adultery?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The incidents you describe which mostly took place in the not terribly recent past sound to me like somewhat inflated, impossible to prove cases of she said this happened (the seven year old). And they all have happened earlier. As in when the first scene, where a finger touch to the chest was called "an attack" and may have been perceived as an attack, but after the attack nothing was apparently done for some time. Why was she in this position? Was her father present? Was it at school?

So after your child was attacked, here she is spending time with these people who are not her relatives, have no reason to be with her where such events may happen. Again, where did this happen? Allowing your daughter to be abused verbally or physically by the ex girlfriend of your boyfriend is not responsible parenting, and going to court for a possible restraining order against her some time later is not the most effective way you could deal with it if there is any alternative like removing her from the situation. And then in "months to follow" this other bad thing, incidents of verbal attack happened and that happened. Where and under what circumstances? I am not sure a judge will be willing to give this mother or the other woman restraining orders, though it would certainly be good for all the children involved.
This isn't an ex girlfriend. Not if she was given divorce papers. This might be a current wife going through a divorce with the sainted boyfriend of OP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">