• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have a great time!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whoops2u

I think I'm going to leave here. It was fun for a bit, but I found myself getting hot today and it makes no sense to not enjoy my time here. I don't mind debate, but some here just argue.

I also found out I can dislike a person over the internet without even meeting him. When electrons has me not liking a person, it is time to go. My skin is probably not thick enough for this venue.

quincy

I think I'm going to leave here. It was fun for a bit, but I found myself getting hot today and it makes no sense to not enjoy my time here. I don't mind debate, but some here just argue.

I also found out I can dislike a person over the internet without even meeting him. When electrons has me not liking a person, it is time to go. My skin is probably not thick enough for this venue.
I think a debate forum will be more to your liking.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I agree that it is not worth spending time on a forum if overall it is not an enjoyable experience. Life is too short for that when you have many other ways to spend time that might be more enjoyable for you. If it's just one or two recent threads that have got to you, maybe you just need to take a breather for a day or two and let it pass.

In most forums of this type there seem to be at least one or a couple of members who never admit to being wrong, even when they are shown to wrong, and those folks will argue something to death to avoid ever conceding that perhaps they were mistaken. And most everyone who participates in forums like these who, while they are generally reasonable most of the time, will have that one thread where they just overreact or take too personally and bite back. I've done that myself a time or two. And it's easy to get sucked into endless debate in those situations. Sometimes it's just best to abandon those debates when you see that no matter what you say the other person is not going to be swayed. I've never felt that simply leaving the conversation that starts aggravating me is a concession that the other person was right. It is instead simply a recognition that the fight over it is just not worth the effort.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I, personally, sometimes enjoy smacking heads when posters (especially Sr members) get overly snippy. I try not to let myself get sucked in, though. ;)

Whoops2u

I was concerned about checking back, but thank the members for being kind. Since I believe I've already found love in the non-virtual world, I think I'll stay off in general. One reason might be I've gotten home early the last three nights. I must have been spending more time here than I suspected and haven't re-filled it up with other time-wasters yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">