• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have not been paid yet for job done

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdcooper

I did a contract job for the government (military) over 6 months ago. It is their policy to hold final paycheck/re-imbursement funds until paper work and receipts are sent to them. Paperwork was completed and sent to them on August 14th-and I still have not received my final check-this is now 6 months later. E-mails go unresponded to, and phone calls are always passed around-no one wants to take responsibility. What are my rights and what are the best steps to get my paycheck from them?? Will it be more difficult than usual because it is a government agency? Thanks for your time and advise
[email protected]

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't know that your rights are any greater or lesser than if you had worked for a private employer. To cut through the red-tape, you may want to have a former military lawyer to make some telephone calls for you. You can find one near you at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">