• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have you seen this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? This is in Texas

This is a long video, with a long presentation by the author on the blog linked. Has anyone heard of this story and what do you think of it? Basically (as I saw it), a 14 year old boy wants to choose where to live and dad just kind of says nothing, but sits catching the whole exchange on tape. He'd brought his son back to mom's house (she has custody) and told the son if he didn't want to get out of his car, he'd have to tell his mom himself. And he did. And mom didn't accept that. Then the cops came. The cops stood in the middle - as they most often do. So dad took son back to his house, vehemently and staunchly supporting his son's right to freedom of choice.

They stayed there for 2 1/2 months. I think dad felt like he had this in the bag. He was living high on the hog. Until the court date - when the judge ordered son back to his mom's. Dad is upset he "only had 15 minutes to say goodbye". I'll also link dad's facebook page. Maybe it's easier to see there. Good Saturday night reading and fodder.

http://humphreyvanweyden.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/14-year-old-parker-leverett-stands-up-for-his-rights-and-rejects-his-evil-nasty-manipulative-mother-who-wants-to-use-her-son-as-a-weapon-against-her-ex-husband/

https://www.facebook.com/teamparker.org

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? This is in Texas

This is a long video, with a long presentation by the author on the blog linked. Has anyone heard of this story and what do you think of it? Basically (as I saw it), a 14 year old boy wants to choose where to live and dad just kind of says nothing, but sits catching the whole exchange on tape. He'd brought his son back to mom's house (she has custody) and told the son if he didn't want to get out of his car, he'd have to tell his mom himself. And he did. And mom didn't accept that. Then the cops came. The cops stood in the middle - as they most often do. So dad took son back to his house, vehemently and staunchly supporting his son's right to freedom of choice.

They stayed there for 2 1/2 months. I think dad felt like he had this in the bag. He was living high on the hog. Until the court date - when the judge ordered son back to his mom's. Dad is upset he "only had 15 minutes to say goodbye". I'll also link dad's facebook page. Maybe it's easier to see there. Good Saturday night reading and fodder.

http://humphreyvanweyden.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/14-year-old-parker-leverett-stands-up-for-his-rights-and-rejects-his-evil-nasty-manipulative-mother-who-wants-to-use-her-son-as-a-weapon-against-her-ex-husband/

https://www.facebook.com/teamparker.org
This dad is just plain stupid to start with for ever letting his son think it was his decision, and then he turns around and compounds the stupidity by putting that information and video out on the internet.

I have seen some parents do some really foolish things, but this one is probably the worst of the worst.

kaizen

Agreed, LdiJ.

It's crazy to me how his sheeple seem to follow him blindly, at least with lip service; now that he's put up a site begging for money (wants 25K), they don't seem to put their money where their mouths are. :eek:

Some of the comments on the facebook page astound me.

Proserpina

Agreed, LdiJ.

It's crazy to me how his sheeple seem to follow him blindly, at least with lip service; now that he's put up a site begging for money (wants 25K), they don't seem to put their money where their mouths are. :eek:

Some of the comments on the facebook page astound me.

Holy cow - I've just read some of the comments.

Are these people really THAT clueless?!

I didn't see the video, only the blog which had the transcript and the writers comments. I thought that a lot of what the mom said was reasonable for the situation but the writer belittled her for almost everything she said.

Most responsible adults tell their kids that court is an adult matter, etc. the writer turned all of that around against the mom and painted her to be manipulative.

Rushia

If I found anyone to be manipulative here, it would have to be the father. To simply sit there for over an hour and allow and encourage this poor child to argue with his mother....well, he's a jerk. I find it amusing that his supporters simply cannot believe why a judge would make him turn the child back over to his mother.

Proserpina

If I found anyone to be manipulative here, it would have to be the father. To simply sit there for over an hour and allow and encourage this poor child to argue with his mother....well, he's a jerk. I find it amusing that his supporters simply cannot believe why a judge would make him turn the child back over to his mother.

I'm not sure there's an entire brain between his little band of supporters.

Thankfully there are one or two voices of reason.

If you get my point. ;)

Rushia

I'm not sure there's an entire brain between his little band of supporters.

Thankfully there are one or two voices of reason.

If you get my point. ;)
I added another voice. I felt so sorry for this child. Father sitting there taping it and encouraging this poor child to treat his mother in such a manner. I felt the mother did the right thing by telling the child that his father would have to take it to court and father's response is to yell that he can't afford it. Well, he's paying for it now, isn't he?

Did you guys watch the video? The mother was obviously a nut case! Parker brought up several incidences of abuse, psychological and emotional...I think the father DID go about it the wrong way, but what could he have done? I'd like to see anyone of you to say you'd force a child that was THAT upset out of your car. At 14yrs old, if that kid doesn't want to go somewhere, good luck getting them too! I have enough trouble getting my 7yr daughter out of the car to go back to her moms and I can literally pick her up and carry her....I don't think i'll be able to do that when she's 14

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Did you guys watch the video? The mother was obviously a nut case! Parker brought up several incidences of abuse, psychological and emotional...I think the father DID go about it the wrong way, but what could he have done? I'd like to see anyone of you to say you'd force a child that was THAT upset out of your car. At 14yrs old, if that kid doesn't want to go somewhere, good luck getting them too! I have enough trouble getting my 7yr daughter out of the car to go back to her moms and I can literally pick her up and carry her....I don't think i'll be able to do that when she's 14
All it took was a look on my part. THey both knew going to their Dad's was not optional if he wanted to exercise his time. Period. End. Stop.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Then you're not an effective parent, are you? :cool:

Then you're not an effective parent, are you? :cool:
How old are your kids Geekess? I'm young enough to remember being a strong willed teenager....No one was going to make me do ANYTHING i didn't want to do, i *hope* my daughter is just as strong willed as i was! I don't want to and have tried hard not to raise someone who will be a doormat or a pushover for anyone!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
How old are your kids Geekess? I'm young enough to remember being a strong willed teenager....No one was going to make me do ANYTHING i didn't want to do, i *hope* my daughter is just as strong willed as i was! I don't want to and have tried hard not to raise someone who will be a doormat or a pushover for anyone!
Both of mine are, as well. Especially my daughter. I never had to carry or drag her from a car or to plane. All I had to do was give "the look" and off they went. Like it or not. They also knew that there would be hell to pay if I found out they didn't behave appropriately while there (or anywhere, actually). They could let their hair down at home, but better not embarrass me elsewhere.

And mine are 19 and 21. It STILL just takes a look if it's something I tell them they should do.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I did it twice - father withheld child. I went to court and did it at 10 and 14. Dad was just as manipulative as this one in the video.

Kiddo came back from dad's this summer and thanked me for having fought for her. She now realizes what a manipulative (fill in the words) he was. I ALWAYS took the high road and did the right think by court orders.

Obviously this father has little regard to court orders or the law. Hopefully mom can get the child the help and therapy he needs from dad's manipulation.

And NO, a child can decide where they live at 18 (or 19 in some states.) Yes, Texas DOES allow for a child to voice their preference at 12, but it is the JUDGE who decides where the child lives, NOT the child.

NYC - if you can't control your child, look at taking some parenting classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">