• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He doesnt pay, lawyers doing nothing. Foreclosure, car to be repoed, kids not insured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

No offense to pet frogs out there...
Indeed!

(for the record, OP - I'm not American, wasn't raised here and guess what? Well gawsh, I actually think kids should be somewhat self-supportive too! And moreso when they've been snipped from the bungee cord for over TWENTY YEARS!)

Isis1

AHA!!! I told you.

Oh, and at 13, my parents were supporting me and paying all of my bills. I was, you know, a dependant child then.
yeah, i remember being 13 and not working. i was 16 when i got my first job....18 when i moved out, worked full time AND paid my own bills.

Checkking

courtclerk you made me laugh too

"i know someone who worked when they were in college so that means everyone should switch lifestyles overnight because of one person"

yea your personal anecdote doesnt mean thats how everyone should live, so you can continue pushing the american way of life

Proserpina

i said earlier there are geniuses who can pull it off. good for them.

In U.S. states that recognize a right of the spouses to live 'according to the means to which they have become accustomed', alimony attempts to adjust the incomes of the spouses so that they are able to approximate, as best possible, their prior lifestyle.
And where does it say that this is guaranteed?

Where does it say that "The other spouse shouldn't work at all and doesn't need to get a job"?

mistoffolees

yeah, i remember being 13 and not working. i was 16 when i got my first job....18 when i moved out, worked full time AND paid my own bills.
13???? I was working when I was 12 and working 25 hours per week by the time I was 16. On top of a ton of extracurricular activities.

Proserpina

courtclerk you made me laugh too

"i know someone who worked when they were in college so that means everyone should switch lifestyles overnight because of one person"

yea your personal anecdote doesnt mean thats how everyone should live, so you can continue pushing the american way of life
You have a sibling called Kelly, don't you?

Checkking

And where does it say that this is guaranteed?

Where does it say that "The other spouse shouldn't work at all and doesn't need to get a job"?
it doesnt say that. But that looks at PRIOR lifestyle, yea i can get a job im not disagreeing but thats in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">