• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he was served. question please......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hearts41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My x husband was served on the 25th of May. My hunch payed off, he is in Ohio!! :) Anyhow, more than likely he is working for his brother, his brother owns his own business. How can I get around the roadblock that will most assuredly come up, my x will say he is either not working when he really is working under the table for his brother, or that he is working for his brother and lie about the wages he is making. Can I make an arguement about what he is capable of making (for years he was a truck driver and still has his CDL license). ? In fact he just came off the road as a OTR driver about five months ago, maybe a little less. I have never had to deal with my x lying about what he makes because he had to prove it with paystubs, but now he seems to have found the perfect way out of it. And one of the most ironic things is his brother, the one hiding him and helping him duck and dodge the system so he can avoid paying his court ordered child support, well he is a Pentecostal minister! :eek:

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My x husband was served on the 25th of May. My hunch payed off, he is in Ohio!! :) Anyhow, more than likely he is working for his brother, his brother owns his own business. How can I get around the roadblock that will most assuredly come up, my x will say he is either not working when he really is working under the table for his brother, or that he is working for his brother and lie about the wages he is making. Can I make an arguement about what he is capable of making (for years he was a truck driver and still has his CDL license). ? In fact he just came off the road as a OTR driver about five months ago, maybe a little less. I have never had to deal with my x lying about what he makes because he had to prove it with paystubs, but now he seems to have found the perfect way out of it. And one of the most ironic things is his brother, the one hiding him and helping him duck and dodge the system so he can avoid paying his court ordered child support, well he is a Pentecostal minister! :eek:
Do you have any proof that he voluntarily came off the road 5 months ago, and do you have proof of what his income was before he came off the road?

If you do, the best thing to do will be to ask that income be imputed based on the last known income.

hearts41

I dont have proof that he came off the road recently, unless CSE will give it to me, if they come to the hearing they will or should have that information. They are the ones that sent off the income deduction orders to the trucking companies and from there he went to a local delivery position, and from there he is off to Ohio. Proving all that, is quite another story. Proof of income, again, a bit difficult. But two months ago he was making the correct child support payment some weeks, and the law states they can only take 60% of his pay so he had to have been making enough to at least cover support and some left over.
Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">