• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elizabeth Hand

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in Dec.99'. Currently,I am covered under my husbands health insurance(Humana).My husband works in Ga.,but the insurance covers me in Ga. or N.C. since we are in a very rural area. I have applied for a job at a local Walmart and would like to be able to get insurance (health) so that my husband can leave his present job for a better job. Assuming I get the job, and work enough hours to be eligible for their health insurance, will I be denied health insurance because of my pre-existing condition?Or will there just be a waiting period? I dont know if it makes any difference or not, but I am not sick, asymptomatic now, no cirrhosis,or scarring of liver.I need health insurance obviously, but I want to know if I can get health insurance with Walmart with my HCV, so my husband can go to a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">