• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heartbroken from bad relatives!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

yes, it is a friendly letter which shows only the intent of the testator even though it is not written anything else. it is also written that the sister has not behaved to him well.... that's all
as I said, the fact the letter specifically states his will is in the possession of your sister, the letter is not going to be seen as any sort of will or amendment to the will. The will rules. It is as simple as that.

mariasarri

if the testator leaves the property in a person who has defraud him can i cancel the will and who is the next person who takes the property?:confused: thanks

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be clear, you can't just "cancel" the will. It would take a challenge to the will through the probate courts. I suspect that you don't have the money or ability to successfully challenge this. Particularly since, per your own description of the matter, the will is clear-cut.

mariasarri

To be clear, you can't just "cancel" the will. It would take a challenge to the will through the probate courts. I suspect that you don't have the money or ability to successfully challenge this. Particularly since, per your own description of the matter, the will is clear-cut.
Worth to take it legal?

Last edited:

justalayman

no, i mean that the bad one is the wife in this case... :p
bad relatives :(
I have no idea what that means but you asked what would happen if the will was invalidated. Everything would go to the decedents wife. You would not get anything nor would your sister.

I am wondering about something you posted originally as well:

He had not children only a wife. He left in his testament(will) his property to his wife and to my sister(as executor). My uncle had said to my mother that in his will he will leave his property to my sister and then she will give us our share.
Not sure of your statement but it suggests the only reason your sister got anything was because she was named executor. An executor doesn't get anything (barring the statutory fees if applicable but not going to chase them) due to being an executor. In fact, they have an often arduous task with often no real rewards other than they did what the decedent wanted to have done.

mariasarri

I have no idea what that means but you asked what would happen if the will was invalidated. Everything would go to the decedents wife. You would not get anything nor would your sister.

I am wondering about something you posted originally as well:
his wife wanted it to take all the property(my sister not to take anything!!!) and she(wife) did a fake holograph will... :D

Not sure of your statement but it suggests the only reason your sister got anything was because she was named executor. An executor doesn't get anything (barring the statutory fees if applicable but not going to chase them) due to being an executor. In fact, they have an often arduous task with often no real rewards other than they did what the decedent wanted to have done.
she is executor and also the will says that she takes the half property and the other half wife... thats all :)

So, i think that my sister take it all and me and my mother have done a big Mistake!

Worth to take it legal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">