• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! 14Y/O WRECKED MY CAR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This In this thread, the OP never said the car was "new" - just that she had just bought it.

Last edited:

quincy

Doesn’t previous car insurance (insurance still covering another car, like a trade in) cover temporarily a new car purchase? Just curious.

286CSO

Brand new car should have been insured before driving it off the lot. That is NOT difficult to do at all.
Right??!!
I did it in 3 minutes on a phone app a few months back when we bought a new car. Signed the paperwork, added it to our insurance before we drove off.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Right??!!
I did it in 3 minutes on a phone app a few months back when we bought a new car. Signed the paperwork, added it to our insurance before we drove off.
As I pointed out, it sounds much more like this was a used car purchase from a private party. Of course, the OP hasn't clarified that point (yet).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">